Until Superpowers Database (5e): Differences Between Original & Revised?

Joe Walsh

I've googled and googled, and I can't seem to find anything on what the substantive differences are.

Just paging through, I can see that there are some slight formatting differences visible here and there, but a spot check hasn't found any differences in the write-ups. And the book itself doesn't seem to contain any mention of why it's a revised edition or why someone would want to buy it if they owned the original edition.

I was tuned out of RPGs at the time, so does anyone remember why the book needed a revision?

If you need actual write-ups, then get the 6th version. It has more material with less art and CU reference. But it is a terrible read. The 5th version has art and humor and feels like a file written by field agents in their descriptions of the heroes and villains encountered. The 6th is just a list, a boring textbook with no personalization at all that doesn't inspire an imagination. Go with the 5th if you want a book you'll actually enjoy beyond pure utility.

I see I misunderstood the OP. I'd go revised because it may have more stuff and still will be the same good read.