D&D Free 24-Hour Streaming Channel Launch This Summer

archer

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/dungeons-dragons-free-streaming-fast-channel-eone-launch-1235609856/

I could see myself running this channel 24 hours a day.

Of course, part of that is that my streaming service disconnects from my TV every time I turn it off so that I have to leave the TV running.

But the rest of it is that I totally will be watching this.

Something that I wonder about dealing with this channel is if Habro will attempt to use their HUGE  financial advantage to undermine the smaller independent channels,  leading to a monopoly.  This is what WalMart did and look at what happened to them.  Only the poor of the community (unless they have control of the community) will shop there. If one has financial ability,  then they will go ANYWHERE except WalMart.  I can see Hasbro doing the same thing with their new channel.  There will be Hasbro's channel or nothing else,  period. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:28 AM, Asperion said:

Something that I wonder about dealing with this channel is if Habro will attempt to use their HUGE  financial advantage to undermine the smaller independent channels,  leading to a monopoly.  This is what WalMart did and look at what happened to them.  Only the poor of the community (unless they have control of the community) will shop there. If one has financial ability,  then they will go ANYWHERE except WalMart.  I can see Hasbro doing the same thing with their new channel.  There will be Hasbro's channel or nothing else,  period. 

Well, since the channel has ads, I'd assume that Hasbro is going to be more concerned with marketing its own products at cheap ad rates than with trying to run very marginally-profitable streamers out of business.

Just a guess.