Webs

Eyendasky80

I posted this in the Champions Board but thought I'd ask here too. How would you build a web power that is more like a spider's web than Spider-Man's webs. Trigger? Time Delay? I went with 5d6 entangle, personal immunity, trigger, sticky, cumulative, and area of effect (hex). I was thinking about maybe invisible too, like the silk is too fine to see so you walk right into it.

"...trigger, sticky..."

Trigger is moot. If you cast it and it stays, anyone who walks into it will get caught. Seems to me the point of contention is how long an Entangle will hang around being ignored before dispersing.

"... maybe invisible too, like the silk is too fine to see so you walk right into it..."

One thing I've always found lacking in HG is negatives to rolls like perception. The web's not invisible, it's just hard to see if you're not paying attention. How about CE (=area of entangle) -4 to per rolls. I suppose, technically, you might buy CE with invisible power effects, otherwise, victims would "see" that they can't see.

Occam's Razor

This will probably annoy the overthinkers, but what you want is:

For the swinging: Swinging, OIF (if you're using comic book Spidey and not movie Spidey), Special Effect: Webs.

For catching crooks just like flies: Entangle

Spiderman never had personal immunity to it. He's been caught in his own webs on occassion. But he made them so he could break out. This is why guys like Wonder Man and The Hulk just shrug it off.

You don't need Trigger. You're'using an action' when you do it.

This is, of course, only the way I do it. :D

"...continue 1 hour..."

Which begs the question: how long do entangles last if left undisturbed? GM's option for sure, but what's a guideline?

"Concealment 9- (3 points), +1 for 2 more points"

How do you buy this? Is it just a skill bought by the character and associated with the power? Is it linked? Does it have a hefty ("conceal webs only") lim on it?

consider it a skill bought as a power that's inherent to the entangle. You may get away with a (-1) limitation on it, but then you'd have to buy it up to at least 5 points if you play with that rule on limitations taken on skill levels. If it were a part of an EC or Multipower, which I presume it will be, you'd put both the skill and the Entangle in the same slot.