HD on Android?

Ndreare

As I understand it Java works on Linux. But I cannot figure a way to make it work on Android.

I use Dex (Samsung) and would like to stop replacing my laptops. But hd is to valuable to me to switch. 

Has anyone figured a way for HD too work on Android? (I know it is not officially supported,  but dang it would be awesome.)

Android isn't Linux per se.

Try Google searches.  I'm not being a jerk here, the answer looks to be Not Simple.  The easiest route appears to be through Android Studio...but that's for programming, which suggests it's well beyond most users.  I see some other paths involving rooting your tablet...but that's even more advanced.  And risky.

This looks to be a good start...

https://developer.android.com/build/jdks

Instead of re

While I am willing to do some work and fumble around with failures or even pay others do do some work when it is an affordable option. The kind of responces I find on Google are far above my skill level.

That is why I was hoping some skilled hobbiest on the board had figured it out.

There's very little chance any responses here would require any less skill.  Android isn't quite as tightly locked up as Apple/iOS, but...it's pretty darn close.  It's intended to give a consistent, manageable user experience for a novice...which is a big part of the purpose of app stores.  Moving outside that zone is AYOR...and it DOES presume a much higher level of expertise.  (Hey, for that matter, Linux can reach that point VERY quickly too.  User manuals and instructions are TERSE.  If you don't mostly understand em?  You're over your head.  That IS built into Linux's philosophy.  And, yes, I have 2 Linux machines.)

And, honestly, *if* HD ran without issues?  Which is by NO means guaranteed....  It'd be miserable, I think.  Your DeX might help, but HD isn't written as a tablet app.  Heck, I'd hate trying to use it on a laptop, I think, at least if I only had the touchpad.  

Then I'd suggest NOT trading in your current laptop when you feel the need to upgrade, if at all possible, and leave it as a special-purpose box...not purely HD per se.  My older phones...2 of em, actually...are remote controls I keep in particular locations.  Mostly for my lighting controls.  I also have a Win 10 box, because older programs are more often runnable under 10 than they are 11.  (And this will only get worse.)

• 1 month later...

I've been working in software development since the early 80s. I spent about 10 hours last week trying to get HD6 to run on my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) before throwing up my hands and giving up. I might try again someday, but Android really isn't friendly to this kind of thing without root access. Since I'm not willing to root my phone, I certainly can recommend it to anyone else.