A request on behalf of a friend

Hermit

I'm not sure if gofundmes go against the guidelines/rules of these forums or not, and I'm a mod. If it proves to be so, I'll remove this.

But a friend, a wonderful lady, has another friend who is in a bad spot. She asked if I could spread word to others.

Bob is a trucker, he suffered a massive heart attack. He's in the CTICU and medical bills are piling up.

I never met this guy, don't know him, and the holidays can be lean, but if you are the type to click the link above and give even a dollar to a complete stranger who is in dire times, well, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

We definitely need to do something to get medical bills under control in the USA. Looking at the primary reasons why people claim bankruptcy,  medical and education rank as the top reasons,  each taking MORE THAN HALF the bankruptcy cases. Market seems to be dealing with education,  but medical is a harder nut. Looked like something was happening,  but that is only a surface solution and medical needs a COMPLETE overhaul nationally. ACA was a great start, but certain people didn't give it the opportunity to work out the problems.  The government MUST be the agency that does this since they are the only one who has the size and power to force everyone. 

1 minute ago, Asperion said:

We definitely need to do something to get medical bills under control in the USA. Looking at the primary reasons why people claim bankruptcy,  medical and education rank as the top reasons,  each taking MORE THAN HALF the bankruptcy cases. Market seems to be dealing with education,  but medical is a harder nut. Looked like something was happening,  but that is only a surface solution and medical needs a COMPLETE overhaul nationally. ACA was a great start, but certain people didn't give it the opportunity to work out the problems.  The government MUST be the agency that does this since they are the only one who has the size and power to force everyone. 

I agree. We have a big problem in America regarding healthcare.

However, discussion on it would best be at the Political discussion thread because I know, for myself, I'd get heated if I started to go on about it.

And I want to thank those who chipped in to help Bob. You're good people and I'm grateful.