Heroes In A Hurry Villain Writeup 2: Blackhead

Stanley Teriaca

I personally don't have a campaign or game. I basically wanted to keep the character as close to starting level as possible.

The thing is, I want the villain to be useable by as many game masters as possible. Remember that I used the Heroes In A Hurry book as a starting point. But it should be noted that the write-ups using the book are not actually ment to be set in stone. The book was written as a quick build guide, as a first draft for the character's first appearance, and that the player and game master should work together to make a balance character after the first game.

7 hours ago, Stanley Teriaca said:

I personally don't have a campaign or game. I basically wanted to keep the character as close to starting level as possible.

The thing is, I want the villain to be useable by as many game masters as possible. Remember that I used the Heroes In A Hurry book as a starting point. But it should be noted that the write-ups using the book are not actually ment to be set in stone. The book was written as a quick build guide, as a first draft for the character's first appearance, and that the player and game master should work together to make a balance character after the first game.

Well that’s the rub isn’t it? What is the most useful to the most GM’s? In the vein of what you’re trying to accomplish here’s a small list of suggestions that are hopefully helpful.

1) You played 4th? The same guidelines are the same more or less for Standard Superhero albeit starting characters have more points to spend to flesh out their Powers and Skills and such.

2) I’d reduce Blackhead by Blocks of what he bought down 75 pts. (Here I would have to check what was bought exactly to give a better opinion.) 

3) What is probably the MOST helpful is rather the background and SFX especially to new players/GMs. Seriously a pimple attack? (The character personally skivvies me out but that’s just me.) The idea that you can have almost any Special Effect and you buy the Power that best represents it? That’s Hero System trademark but still can take a moment to understand. 

• 1 month later...