Cost/Powers/END

50  Blackhead Pimple Projectiles: Physical Blast 10d6 [10 END]

60 Tough Hide: Resistant Protection 20 PD, 20ED

40 Healing Factor: Regeneration 1 BODY per minute, Can Heal Limbs

Not Going To Far: Knock back Resistance -9m

10 His Brain Is Almost Always Elevated: Mental Defense 10 points

His Body Is All Messed Up Also:: Power Defense 9 points

Talents

21 Body Full of Ugly Acne And Oil: Striking Appearance (Ugly) +7 to Interrogation rolls, +7d6 Presence Attacks based on Fear and Disgust.

Skills

3 Breakfall: 13-

3 Climbing: 13-

5 Interrogation: 16- (23- with full Striking Appearance)

6 KS: The Criminal World (INT Based): 14-

5 Navigation: 12-

5 Streetwise: 16-

Skis abs Talent Total: 57

Powers Total: 169

Grand Total:  475

400 Complications.

Dependence (drugs, all powers gain a 14- activate roll, 24 hours, drugs are semi-conmon in his area)::  15

Dinstive Features: Constantly dripping body oil and puss from head and upper chest, head covered by black hood, extreme acne problem (causes extreme disgust, can not truly hide features): 25

Enraged if look are insulted (common, 11- to lose control, 11- to recover): 20

Hunted by Law Enforcement (less powerful, frequently, capture and imprison): 15

Psychological Complication: Greedy, Common, Strong: (15)

Psychological Complication: Lack of Empathy, Common, Strong: (15)

Social Complication:: Public Identity (Peter Palmer) (10)

Background/Origin : "Pimple" Peter Palmer was a highschool dropout, a gang banger for the 37th Street Shadows, and a minor drug addict. He also has a slight acne problem. When the 37th Street Shadows met there newest drug provider, Peter asked Professor Hyde for something to help with his acne problem. Hyde agreed and developed an anti-acne pill. But the pill didn't exactly work as Hyde wanted (he did actually wanted to do a temporary cure to acne, something the user would have to do constantly to maintain the acne cure).

He found his strength and durability increase, and the ability to cause his hard zits to project off his body (usually his chest or face). He decided to be available if Professor Hyde ever needs hin. It also allowed him to be a willing gunnie pig for some of his experimental drugs.

Personality/Motivation : Blackhead's motivation is mostly to merely get high. He doesn't actually care about anyone or anything except tripping balls. He can be manipulative into working for villains if a big pay day is offered (to buy drugs), or if a large amount of drugs is offered. He doesn't even care about fixing his skin condition, but that doesn't mean he is insensitive about his looks. He is quick to anger and attack if his pimple problems is brought up in an insulting way.

Quote: "Ok...he is offering me enough to get me ten dime bags. If you want me to step away, what can you offer me?"

Powers/Tactics: Blackhead is very simple with his tactics. He uses his massive strength to harm others, and he uses his physical Blast attack as a surprise attack. The surprise attack, usually coming from his chest area, is usually a hard pimple which ejected from his body, tearing his costume, and slamming into his opponent.

He has no real tactics, and in general isn't that smart. He is durable enough to absorb some damage and his body regenerates all Body damage over time.

He has no special immunity to drugs. He probably have overdosed a few times, but because of his regeneration he didn't die in those times. In spite the regeneration he can die.

He also has some defenses against mental attacks, various drains and adjustment powers, and knockback. The best explanation someone thought up was that he was so always doped up that his almost always stoneed d state seems to protect him somehow. But that is only a theory. A supervillain theory.

Advancements : Right now, Blackhead has no "brick tricks" abilities. He might eventually develop one or more trick attacks to make the most of his great strength. Another way is to have him develop more abilities based on his body oils and stuff (for example a triggered STR damage shield which only activates when grabbed, and only to get out of grabs).

Appearance: Blackhead wears a costume made from the same material as sweatpants, mostly grey, with a big black hood which hides his deformities. Even with the costume, the top of his body is dripping with body oil and puss. He is also rather tall, gaunt, and lanky, looking much like a toothpick then the brick he is.

It should also be noted that his upper body is full of shifting small hard bumps. These bumps are basically his hard pimple missiles before he wills them to launch.

Modules Used

Bruser (stats)

Creature Features (Tough Hide only)

Healing Factor (40 point version)

Edited by Stanley Teriaca

Posted (edited)

Villain is basically all done. What do you think?

It should be noted that I didn't use much skill modulars in this build. This was delibrate. He is a high school dropout and drug addict. He wouldn't actually want to learn anything if he can help it.

• Stanley Teriaca changed the title to Heroes In A Hurry Villain Writeup 2: Blackhead
36 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

His Intimidation being 26- with Interrogation  is a bit excessive I think. 

True, but he can basically only use it when someone sees his uncovered face and actually see all the ugly pock marks, and all the ozzing oil and puss coming out of his pores.

Still, it is up there, like Hideous. And his face shouldn't be as frightful as Hideous. Perhaps 6 or 7 levels of Straighting Appearance instead of ten?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I’m not sure how much Hideous has. I didn’t think he survived to get a 6th edition write up. Yeah I’d say 6 levels safely.

Well, technically he hasn't. But @tiger recreated him for the Forgotten Enemies line, where he was given the +10 Striking Appearance talent (Subclass, Ugly).

He was also recreated for the update of The Island of Doctor Destroyer, where he didn't have a lick of Striking Appearance at all. So...your milage may vary.

I have done my writeups much like how the Big Blue Book use to do things, as the total points being 'Based Points + Complication Points". This isn't how things are done currently. You can do any one of these things.

1) Assume that each villain had enough experience to earn 75 experience points before they began.

2) Reduce the points of each writeup by 75 points so they are "6 edition compilant".

3) Feel free to rebuild the writeup in a way which works for you. Your probably going to do this anyway. I legally give you permission to do so.

4 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Well, inspired by this thread, I pulled the trigger on this book.

I am _hoping_ that it is what I _thought_ the Creation Cards were going to be, but I am preparing for the same level of disappointment.

😕

Duke it’s not 2nd Ed. so of course you’re going to be disappointed! 😜

4 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Duke it’s not 2nd Ed. so of course you’re going to be disappointed! 😜

:rofl:

I thought the cards would be things like  "50 point characteristic block"  "75 it Multipower", "40 or defense block"--

you know:  just quick and dirty blocks you could stack to make NPCs on the fly.

that sort of thing.

it _sort of is_, (the cards, I mean), but not quite what I was looking for....

12 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Well, inspired by this thread, I pulled the trigger on this book.

I am _hoping_ that it is what I _thought_ the Creation Cards were going to be, but I am preparing for the same level of disappointment.

😕

They don't exactly make these all the same points so thand ey don't exactly go together well. It's meant to create a playable 'first draft' character which will be modified by player and game master after the first session. It should also make playable character in 15 to 30 minutes of work.

Thanks, N-B.

That sounds ideal.  Essentially, I am looking for something to help new players put together characters (the youth group in particular, as they are more interested in Supers than the others are.

I don't use HD because- well, as I said: I can already make a character in 15 minutes.  Forty-odd years of practice will do that for you.  :lol:

That, and I am computer illiterate enough that just cruising the "help" threads tells me I am nowhere near qualified to use it anyway.  :lol:

I have cobbled things together in the past-  a quick generator of sorts (akin to what I thought the cards would be), but I would like to see- and support!-  an officially company-endorsed product in the same vein.

Thank you again, Sirs; I appreciate the help from both of you!

@Duke Bushido, one minor thing is that the Backgrounds are priced as a group. So Influencer that I bought, (because hey, why not?) is priced at 10 points whereas others could be price at 15 pts upto I think one is 40 pts. Those are listed out as separate point costs though that won’t be hard to figure out. I thought he would’ve had them more or less the same cost then perhaps suggested adders but that’s just me.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:34 AM, Stanley Teriaca said:

What would you cut on the character to being him down to Standard Superhero beginning cost?

Well not to sound blithe about it but what do you consider Standard Superhero? In theory since Steve Long cut Figured Characteristics we are able to build a 15 DEX, 8 OCV 4 DCV character. However if you are using legacy characters with minimal change then perhaps you want your brick at 18 DEX 6 OCV 6 DCV. Trust me there were some threads debating this.

I’m away from my books (so it won’t be point balanced)  here are some rough examples for ideas.

15 DEX because well because. Still higher than your normal but not “Standard Brick”. 5 DCV he’s a brick and we don’t have to have equal OCV and DCV.  Drop PD to 10 and ED to 5 with Resistant Protection that gives you 30 PD and 25 ED still good for a brick. You probably only need 10 REC and 50 END keep the STUN though.  I’d reduce the Blast from 10D6 to 8D6. And Reduce Striking Appearance to +5D6. If you need to cut some more costs reduce KB to -5 reduce Mental Defense and Power Dense to minimum but I wouldn’t get rid of them as that’s different. Also depending on cost you could keep say KB at original value and just reduce the other two. But again this is very dependent on how your world is built.