Hero System Article Index

A while back, I worked up an article index for the Chaosium Pendragon game. This isn't to index all relevant material that has ever shown up online; that would be a monumental and fruitless task. It was mainly to index articles in old print and PDF periodicals, which aren't always well-documented in RPGGeek. After I completed it, it occurred to me that Champions/Hero System also has not-that-many articles that have ever shown up in magazines -- there were a huge number of online resources from the very beginning (starting with and including the Red October BBS), and so I guess a lot of people were looking there for their resources. Still, there are more than Pendragon, and I used to have subsciptions to Adventurer's Club, EZ Hero, and Digital Hero, so I've got those to go off of.

I've started the list here. I've got quite a ways to go, and I have no idea where to find some of the resources. Haymaker! has compilations available on DTRPG, but I love old APAzines (they're basically the Web forums before the Web existed) and even if I did, indexing them would take ages.

Suggestions welcome.

A most noble effort and contribution, AlHazred, thank you! :hail:

Do you have and are you interested in the old Red October archives? Because Shelley Chrystal Mactyre maintains a lot of those files on her personal website: https://mactyre.net/archives/october/Files.html

Note that not all the links on that page work, so don't be disappointed if one of them doesn't take you to what you want right away. You might have to play around a bit to find everything.

I don't know if I should include Red October. It expands the whole thing greatly beyond its original scope. Also, she has the archives at least split into categories which makes them easier to search. Part of the reason for this list was, a lot of these publications are hard to find and will only become more rare -- for instance, is it worth buying an expensive item on eBay if you only know it has a Champions article? Hopefully you can at least check my list and see if it's of interest!

For me personally, I'm always interested in archives of old Champions and Hero System material. No need to ask! :D

Edited by AlHazred