STEVE an Inapropriate question for the 5th edition Rules

JmOz

This is probably inapropriate for the 5th edition rules, so I put it here:

I am trying to remember an OLD conversation (It does not seem to be in the Archieves) about Foci that you participated in. It came up because of a ruling you made about how Foci work in a Variable Limitation.

One poster suggested that adding a new catagory (Similar to Personal/Universal) to the Foci rules would be helpful. I can not remember his terminology for the catagory, nor what you suggested using for the terminolgy instead.

The thing the catagory did was determine where the power came from. The following is my terminology, if you recall (I don't think you will, but hope that you do) either what you called it or what the original poster called it I would be very grateful

Inherent: The sourse of the power is from the character.

Ex: A Crystal a mage stores some of his power into for future release

External: The sourse of the power comes from the item itself

Ex: A Laser gun that is powered by itself

I hope you remember some of this, at least enough to remember the conversation having happened (I like to know people don't think I am to Nuts)

Thank you for any help