Is this power built right?

Susano

Greetings everyone. I'm looking to get some opinions on a power construct (listed below). Basically, does it look like it will do what I have written, and/or did I miss anything (or, is there anything I can remove)?

Thank you.

Feat Of Healing: A sure sign of Sidhe blood, this feat allows the character to be healed by sword (or other weapon) blows taken in combat. There is one catch however; it only works on every other blow, meaning the character will be healed, harmed, healed, harmed (and so on) in a battle. This feat carries over from fight to fight, so the player needs to keep track of how the last blow the character took affected him.

Healing BODY 8d6, Trigger (being struck by a edged weapon; +1/4), Persistant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (180 Active Points); Can Only Heal Up To Amount Rolled On Damage Dice (-1), Only Works On Every Other Blow (-1), Self Only (-1/2) (total cost: 51 points) plus Armor (48 PD) (72 active points); Linked (-1/2), Only Up To Amount Rolled By Healing (-1/2) (total cost: 36 points). Total Cost: 87 points.

In all seriousness, i was trying to decide if the "Only to amount rolled on Healing" limitation was valid. Or served any purpose. Basically it limits the STUN damage you *don't* take, which is a limitation.

Further reading seems to indicate the Healing should be the amount you suffered from your *last* hit, not the one hitting you... OTOH, you don't take any damage from the blow hitting you either... so I guess what I developed is as valid as anything else.

And yes, I do own GURPS Celtic Myth. I highly recommend it.

Originally posted by Susano

In all seriousness, i was trying to decide if the "Only to amount rolled on Healing" limitation was valid. Or served any purpose. Basically it limits the STUN damage you *don't* take, which is a limitation.

Hmmm. Didn't think of this on the first look.

It depends, I guess, on how you want it to ´taste´, so to speak. I'd drop the limitation, since it goes with the fact that you don't get damaged at all by the blow. And if any STUN get past that 48 rDEF + PD, well, A mighty blow like that ought to do something, right? :)

I could be wrong, but wouldn't this construction require you to take an action resetting the trigger every time it goes off? Or does persistant avoid that problem? (I'm bookless at the moment).

Of course, that might be deliberate, but I got the impression from the description that it should function without conscious effort.

Michael