The Midnighter's Battle Computer

Chuckg

I was creating a Midnighter-style character(1) trying to figure out the effects of somebody who had a combat computer in their head that gave them...

More overall Combat Levels

More Targeting Levels

Find Weakness w/ all his attacks

A truly obnoxious Analyze Style, Analyze Combat Technique, and related KS'es

But only so long as nothing was screwing up the computer implant.

I thought about buying them all with "Restrainable", as in the Cyber Hero definition, and then I decided that in a superhero genre game it was too rare.

Would it be too crunchy to buy the Computer as a Follower, implant it, buy the "Permanent Bond" level of Mind Link on the character to always be in touch with the computer, and then have the /computer/ pay for the above laundry list... with "Usable By 1 Other (+1/4)" for the CSLs and Find Weakness?

(1) Doctor Destroyer had built him to go to the Tournament of the Dragon and wipe out as many martial arts superheroes as he could... and hey, maybe this 'favor of the gods for the winner' nonsense really means 'the Watchers of the Dragon will owe the winner a favor', which works good for the Big D if his servant does so. So he took an ordinary merc, jacked him up into a Midnighter-equivalent, and turned him loose... and the guy didn't want to be Destroyer's slave, so... it's a high-powered hero origin.

I designed a cyborg who had an internal computer. I bought his skills with a limit that it was subject to crashes (- 3/4).

Basically, any powerful electrical or magnetic attack or being Stunned would cause the computer to crash. It took roughly a turn to reboot (sometimes more or less depending on the damage) and all "computer program" skills were unusable during that time.

Well, I don't want the computer to crash just on being Stunned -- Doctor Destroyer built the thing, it should be more durable than /that/. Destroyer builds good tech.

OTOH, I will admit that if anybody can suppress the link between my character and the machine, he loses most of his CSLs and all of his mroe 'analytical' abilities, and keeps only the basic fight programming and physical moves.

Let's all just ignore the obvious liabilities of having something Doctor Destroyer built inside your head. :eek:

Seriously, at best this is worth -1/4 if it screws up occasionally. If it never messes up, it's just a special effect. Cybernetic implants that can't be removed/disabled don't qualify as Foci. Now if his entire personality changes because he abruptly becomes a fighting machine, that probably would qualify as a Hero ID Only for -1/4.

Originally posted by Trebuchet

Let's all just ignore the obvious liabilities of having something Doctor Destroyer built inside your head. :eek:

There's a reason that his character has absolutely no Radio Hearing powers, despite the computer originally having them -- he had the antenna physically removed.

*And* Mentiac and the full resources of UNTIL to try and debug the 'ware'.

So they're /fairly/ sure they got them all. :)

I wanted something that would never screw up accidentally, but could -- if the villain put some work into it -- be disabled externally without having to buy the whole Drain/Suppress, just a Plaht Device.