One who controls the darkness in other's hearts

SuperBlue

Okay, I'm working on a villain that can control those who either have Darkness in their hearts (any form of negativity, hate, jealous, anger, etc) or those who use Darkness based powers (such as black magic).

Anyway, I already know that Mindcontrol is the best solution. However, this guy has a permanant mindlink with all of his minions.

I know paying a lot for mindlink can get expensive, so are there any advantages to maintain the link with everyone under his command?

So far it would be base of 5

+5 for all minions, one at a time

+5 for every doubling in minions

+5 for any distance

+5 for any dimension

So.. if he wants to coordinate 32 minons (or less)... that would be +25 points.. (as this guy has minions in many dimensions)... is there a cheaper way of doing this?

Also, how would I represent Mind Control being on even when not in his presense? I was thining either allowing him to use it over Mindlink or by doing it like this:

Mindcontrol Xd6

0 END, Continuous, Persistant

NND - Not having any Darkness in your heart or not using any Darknessed based powers

Basically what I'm trying to do is make it so anyone under his control stays under his control when he's not around, and he has a constant mindlink with them.

Also, I want him to be able to Ego Attack those who try using Psionics on his minions (which I think would be 'Usuable on others')

Any input?

Can your villain automatically attack anybody who makes telepathic contact with one of his minions or does he have to attack that opponent as a normal mental attack?

And I don't think that Usable vs. Others is necessary-if memory serves,once a mental link is made between two or more characters,the linkees can attack anyone in the link.

However,if the villain can EGO Attack using any of his minions,you'll need to purchase Transdimensional at the +1 level,as the Mind Link can reach any dimension.

My thought: it's just going to be expensive.

Mindlink: use the 'Psychic Bond' adder to represent the fact that the Darkfriends can't break free of the bond.

Permanent Mind Control: the way to do this is Spirit Transform I'd say. Make it heal 'if target redeems himself'. That way, they can't make breakout rolls or otherwise escape your power.

Attacking the psionic attackers: Ugh. Sounds like Ego Attack, Damage Sheild, Usably By Others (lots of others), at Range, Transdimensional, BOECV (so that it can get LOS from Mind Link).

If you want to be able to attack a target through a minion, you'd need Clairsentience, BOECV linked to Mindlink.

Alternately: Use Duplication. Give the master bad guy a Duplication power (with 75% different powers) that effectively adds his psionic powers to the target (and makes them his minions, of course). This way, you'd still need the mind links and Spirit Transforms, but not the wacky Damage Sheild or Clairsentience.

In either case, give the master villain Speed Reading for his Mental sense, so he can actually keep track of the input from all of his minions at once.

I'm using HERO 4e...

I've decide not to do the Ego Attack Damage sheild, but just use the mind controll

Commanding those with Darkness in their Hearts:

Mind Control 3d6

0 END +1/2

Continuous +1

Persistant +1/2

NND - Being Pure of Heart and not using any dark-elemental energies +1

Cost: 60

Communicating with my Servants

Mind Link 5

Any Specific Group +5

5 doublings of Targets (32 total) +25

Any Distance +5

And Dimension +5

Cost: 45

Speed Reading

Add-in a Multipower to represent his other powers, and he should work just fine.

With the description given, is there anyone this guy can't effect? Even the best of heroes is going to have a negative response to something at some point - and then blam! Perminant mind control.

How about using normal mind control (rather than NND), but basing the level you need to achieve on how evil the target is rather than how averse they are to the action being suggested. Has the right flavour, and favours the PCs (assuming they're heroic) so they're not going to complain too much. And it means that his loyalest minions will be the people who started off evillest. (Is it a word?)

Michael