END and Shield Use

Blue

I don't recall any rules that necessarily account for this, though it could EASILY be something I missed in FH or FREd.

I guess here's what I'm thinking.

If you simply give a shield the "Costs END" limitation then it's going to cost you END either when you activate it (when you put it on?) or once per phase, regardless of the number of attacks you fend off.

What I have is actually a champions character. I've written the SFX of their armor so that it physically only covers about 1/4 of their body (Arms, shoulders, knees, etc.), but due to their skill with it they are more able to put those pieces in the way. I've simply given it a Requires Skill Roll limitation to reflect their ability to get it in the way.

To better reflect the effect, I want to make the END cost occur whenever they deflect an attack. So in a phase where they don't get hit, they're spending no END on it, but in a phase where they fend off 3 attacks, they spend END three times.

Anyone have a rule for such a thing? Am I overlooking an existing rule (Possibly for shields in one of the books)?

Hmm. Interesting. A side-effect that damages END. The "default" damage would be 3pt = 6 END. This can be fairly costly, but not out of the realm of possibility. Thanks!

But then side effects typically occur when the power is activated or when it fails. If it fails the character already has enough problems (being less protected). I'll have to think on it some more.

It may very well end up just being an additional -1/4.