Just 400 Points to be a God

Supreme

Re: Just 400 Points to be a God

Originally posted by Supreme

Just for fun, I thought I'd calculate what STR Hercules would have to be. The one time that I know of in which Hercules' strength was pushed to its limits was when he took over holding up the Earth from Atlas. It wasn't easy for him, but he was able to support the weight of the Earth long enough for Atlas to walk around, talk to a few people and come back.

So, the Earth weighs about 6 x 10^18 kilotons. To be able to hold that up would require a 390 STR. This would make your base PD 78. Your minimum base REC is 80 (assuming a CON of at least 10) which I believe translates to 8 Body recovered a day which is one Body every three hours. Your leap would also be 78". Toss a -1/4 lim on that (OIHID or something like that) and this is actually an affordable character. Can't hit anyone with an OCV of 3? Hit 'em with the friggin' planet!

Actually, Atlas and Heracles held up the vault of the heavens over the earth. It is probably much mre difficult to figure out what the mass of such an object is.