Weapon Design Help Requested...

Wormhole

The Concept: A four-shot .45 caliber pistol that can be dismantled into a number of discreet components that the owner can carry on his person with out arrousing suspicion and takes about a second to reassemble. Basically, something similar to the Golden Gun from the James Bond movie.

Here's what I've got on this thus far:

RKA 2d6-1, +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4), (31 Active Points), IAF (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase to assemble; -1/4), 4 Charges (-1) cost: 10 points

I'm planning to give the gun a Concealment roll on 15- (15 Active Points) with IAF and the Limitations: "Only To Hide The Gun" and "Only While The Gun Is Dismantled." The part I'm stuck on is deciding what value to assign to each of of the two latter limitations on the Concealment Skill. Any thoughts?

I would go with a -0 on "Only to hide the gun" and -1 on "Only While The Gun Is Dismantled".

My reasoning...

Guns that get an 5 point OCV bonus, don't get anything (other than focus limitation) for the fact that the OCV bonus is only with that gun and not a lucky rabbit foot that gives it to every attack. Thus, concealment bought as an IAF - dismantled gun doesn't help the user hide (or discover where other things are hidden), it just helps the gun. It's a "dramatic sense" rule. (I'd love to here counter arguements on this one.)

However, the gun has to be dismantled (don't lost those tiny pieces) and it can be annoying to keep track of several pieces (damn, I left the trigger in the smoking jacket!) this should be worth a -1. This puts it at 6 points, which feels right.