The NPC Superheroes of the Champions Universe

Kristopher

Something that occured to me a few days ago, because of various ongoing discussions here -- many of the often-mentioned heroes of the CU aren't actually in print anyway, as far as I know. The DoJ, the Sentinels, etc, so on, and so forth. I think it would really fill in a big gap in our knowledge of the CU to know what more of the big-time heroes look like. I know there are a few in Champions Universe, but what about the rest of them?

Sometime in the next few months the "unofficial" Sentinels will finally see print in Digital Hero. I think we will also see some of the Vibora Bay mystics in that book, and perhaps a few in the Mystic World. Champions Worldwide will probably introduce some the the really heavy-hitters such as Rashindar and Ushas. Beyond that though, I think we're out of luck.

Originally posted by Metaphysician

Is Champions Worldwide a global heroes sourcebook, or some kind of "followup" to the Champions Universe book??

This is all I know about it:

Champions Worldwide: Superheroes and supervillains exist around the world, not just in the United States. Champions Worldwide provides details about superhumans and superhuman activity in other parts of the world, such as Europe and Asia. It includes character sheets for lots of new Champions characters, both villains and NPC heroes.

And Digital Hero might get reprinted as a book eventually, and it contains lots of heroes ( not all up to date, though ).

It does have several CU heroes which Darren has been doing, but my guess is that those heroes will need revisions and such before they will see print. Leviathan, for example, will be in the 2005 "enemies" book, with, I'm sure, some adjustments.

Characters

Well, From around the world:

Fortuna italian Luck manipulator-cards..

Vibora bay - Black Mask, Juryrig, Brother Thuder and Sister Rain, Redsnake, Dr. Ka,;Robert Caliburn

Australia 'Walkabout'

Canada Ravenspeaker, Celestar, Forceknight

France Seine (left bank , right bank Chevalier, Autour, Bastille

Germany Mondfeuer,

Great Britain Albion, Hyperion, Blazon, Yeoman, Repulse, Swift Swallow, Shade, Drune, Rhiannon, Taliesin

All of thee names are dropped in the Univers Publication. Whoa wants a crack at any of them? Or are we to assume that the majority of them are built on 350 points? (Hyperion is mentioned as fighting Firewing to a stalemate -no winner-AND they say ALbion is even more powerful!!

Originally posted by Monolith

.... CU heroes which Darren has been doing, but my guess is that those heroes will need revisions and such before they will see print. Leviathan, for example, will be in the 2005 "enemies" book, with, I'm sure, some adjustments.

Enemies 2005? how about Cat and CLockwork from Great Britain? (also mentioned in Universe)

Originally posted by Benzini

Enemies 2005? how about Cat and CLockwork from Great Britain? (also mentioned in Universe)

My guess will be that Cat and Clockwork will either be in Champions Worldwide or not in the new "enemies" book, as VVV will probably more orientated to be used for US campaigns.

There are two pdfs of CU heroes and all named villains on the Freestuff page, if you haven't seen them. I did not check but I think Ben has posted the updated version which include characters from UNTIL and STAST as well.