How would you make the witchblade?

Mark Rand

Witchblade, for those of you who don't know, is a Top Cow comic book, about a female NYPD detective and the self-aware, mystical gauntlet that has bonded to her. It was also the name of a television program, that lasted for two seasons, dealing with the same characters.

How do we write the witchblade itself up?

Since I've read only one issue of the comic book, I'll tell you what I remember from the television show.

In its passive form, the Witchblade is a metal bracelet with three reddish stones. Its usual active form is a plate armor gauntlet that covers her right arm and the back of her right hand. It has, however, become a full suit of plate armor.

Sara, the wielder in the comics and the television program, has been able to see the past of a room by looking into a mirror, see and hear her dead partner, and see herself in full plate armor just before she is attacked.

The witchblade has formed itself into a sword that appears on the back of her hand and she has deflected bullets with the blade or gauntlet by moving her hand.

In the pilot, it has produced fire and once she turned back time. (This power can be used once by each wielder.) She has also had dreams of past wielders.

• 8 months later...

Re: How would you make the witchblade?

As I reread this post from last year' date=' I'm beginning to think a 30 or 40 point VPP would be the best way to create this.[/quote']

Plot Device: Variable Power Pool, 40 base + 18 control cost, Cosmic (+2); Independent (-2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; -1/4) Cost: 58

Re: How would you make the witchblade?

Plot Device: Variable Power Pool' date=' 40 base + 18 control cost, Cosmic (+2); Independent (-2), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; -1/4) [b']Cost: 58[/b]

Thank you. This is just what I'm looking for. The lady that weilds the blade will, I think, be a police detective in San Angelo, where the campaign's set. I'll take her write up from Dark Champions.