Anyone played "Champions Battlegrounds" yet?

Hermit

How did it work out?

See, I got a little extra cash recently, went to a game store and bought some DoJ products (I'm way behind) and this was one of them. I figured my players would get the most use of an adventure.

I'm sorting through, it looks good. Still, any one run it yet? Any advice to make it even better, or flaws you found?

As I'm going to be GM, feel free to tell me of any spoilers...but you might want to mark your thread as one so others who haven't been in on it yet know better than to peek.

(Because we've all got high egos, good ethics, and would NEVER do that... ;) )

I've run three of the five scenerios with great sucess.

I extensively recast two of them to better conform with my campagine.

Omegaworld has been the most productive for me. Not only did I run that one as written, but the PC's have rescued the actors playing Justice Force Omega again since then. They have also met the "real" Justice Force Omega, the heros from an alternate Earth where JFO are the real heroes and the PC's are characters on a fictional TV show, and I now am trying to work up a plot line for Injustice Force Omega. JFO's villianous counterparts.

Just before my group imploded, I had finished running the Omegaworld part. It's working pretty good so far. I enjoy it. The pieces work best if spread out in amongst other adventures, IMO. I'm using the Black Paladin adventure for that.

I think Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth makes a better Linear adventure (We start playing, and keep running straight through till the end).

And, McCoy rules. That's a good idea. I'll have to borrow that.

Oh, yeah, issues with the adventure. The bomb was a touch too easy for Super Inventor Girl with 50 Int to disarm.

By the time they dealt with Black Harlequin at Omegaworld, they were ready to pull out the stops and take him down hard.

That's about it that I can think of.

D

Battlegrounds

I have run the first two scenarios so far and they worked out really well. The only problem I had was I had a couple of newer players who were used to the D&D kind of thing. In the second scenario they almost killed Foxbat (Flew 8inches up with Foxbat in the trunk of the Civic and then threw the Civic at full strength into the ground. Gave the car -11 body and injured Foxbat really bad.) next we had to play out the rest of the team taking the offenders into custody and they are now in stronghold. Now I am trying to find a way to increase the good PR for the team so that they can get invited to scenario 3 at Omegaworld. Any suggestions?

I bought it and liked it -- but because of the nature of my campaign only one of the adventures was doable and it required some interesting twists. However those twists fit almost perfectly with my campaign and the resulting session was a great success.

See, as I've mentioned before I'm running a villain campaign -- the PC's are a supervillain team the press dubbed The Ravagers. While the group has something of a mercenary bent their primary motivation is their mutual hatred of PRIMUS. So that ruled "A Walk In the Park", "Let's Go to the Maul", and "Fatal Attractions" right out and "Down the Hole" out by extention.

"Under Construction" however...

SPOILER TEXT! The rest of this post is hidden under "spoiler" protocols. To read it, hit the "quote" button below and read the text in the window.