Question about old Champions supplements

Izzy

Wasn't sure where to post this, if it is in the wrong place, please move it.

After finding out Hero was still kicking and alive, I picked up hero 5th and have been reading it as slowly and enjoying it.

Okay my question is I have the old version of Champions(1980's) which I use to playquiet a bit. I Have Champions I (missing cover), II, and III. As far as I can tell Fred covers them. But can I use the Old Viper's Nest adventure, Enemies and Stronghold with the new version? Or should I sell them like I have tried with the a whole of other games.

Main reason for asking is I am moving shortly from maryland to Flordia and any trying to lighten the load :)

Regards

Izzy

Re: Question about old Champions supplements

This is kind of difficult to answer. The differences between those old books and the current HERO System are pretty substantial, so updating them for 5E requires more work than the 4E supplements. Most of the material from Escape From Stronghold, as well as many of the old Enemies villains, were updated to 4E and published in Classic Enemies, while the classic "Viper's Nest" adventure was expanded in the 4E VIPER sourcebook. Those books tend to be fairly available on eBay and from used game dealers. OTOH the fact that those books are so dated tends to reduce their resale value in my experience, so it may not be worth your effort to sell them.

Many people like to have these books for the sake of nostalgia or to complete their collection, so how important that is to you would doubtless factor into your decision.

I hope that's of some help.

The differences between those old books and the current HERO System are pretty substantial' date=' so updating them for 5E requires more work than the 4E supplements. [/quote']

Yes, it might take ten minutes instead of five.

Lord Liaden This is kind of difficult to answer. The differences between those old books and the current HERO System are pretty substantial, so updating them for 5E requires more work than the 4E supplements. Most of the material from Escape From Stronghold, as well as many of the old Enemies villains, were updated to 4E and published in Classic Enemies, while the classic "Viper's Nest" adventure was expanded in the 4E VIPER sourcebook. Those books tend to be fairly available on eBay and from used game dealers. OTOH the fact that those books are so dated tends to reduce their resale value in my experience, so it may not be worth your effort to sell them.

Thanks Lord Liaden that was a huge amount of help. I might keep them around for old times sake. I intend to pick the newer champions and fantsy hero when I get the money, and that of course depends on when I finally become one of the employed once again. :(

Regards

Izzy