Star System Generators

Libris

Re: Star System Generators

Looks like a good program.

Now I just have to figure out about figuring distances between systems (I guess it's setting up a "Route" between the two)

I needed something to do, so I tossed together a 3D distance calculator. So long as you're using a 3D Cartesian coordinate system ... it'll calculate the distances for you in whatever units you're using for the coordinate system. It's not pretty, but it works ...

I needed something to do' date=' so I tossed together a 3D distance calculator. So long as you're using a 3D Cartesian coordinate system ... it'll calculate the distances for you in whatever units you're using for the coordinate system. It's not pretty, but it works ...

Thank you!... this is so neat...

Is there any way you could script it in say... javascript so I can us it in my local browser while at a game.

I needed something to do' date=' so I tossed together a 3D distance calculator. So long as you're using a 3D Cartesian coordinate system ... it'll calculate the distances for you in whatever units you're using for the coordinate system. It's not pretty, but it works ...

That's pretty cool! If you don't mind, I'm going to put a link to it over at starherofandom. Better still, I'd love to wrap your code into the site itself (taking your code and putting the SHF header/footer on it).

Aroooo

That's pretty cool! If you don't mind' date=' I'm going to put a link to it over at starherofandom. Better still, I'd love to wrap your code into the site itself (taking your code and putting the SHF header/footer on it).[/quote']

Sure ... just credit me :)

I have every intention of rewiting the SectorGenerator program' date=' possibly over the summer, so if you have any feature requests, let me know. Keep in mind though that I may not be able to implement every request.[/quote']

How about a way to download the X Y Z coordinates into a data base? Among other things, this would let us compute the distance from one system to all the others.