The Swamps of Sadness

Sociotard

The Swamps of Sadness

" Atreyu and Artax had searched the Silver Mountains, the Desert of Shattered Hopes, and the Crystal Towers without success. And so, there was only one chance left. To find Morla, the ancient one, the wisest being in Fantasia whose home was the Shell Mountain somewhere in the deadly Swamps of Sadness. Everyone knew that whoever let the sadness overtake him would sink into the swamp"

swamps05.jpg

For every hour spent in the swamps of sadness, characters face a 1d6 NND Ego Drain (Defense is Ego/5 + any mental defense). After he has been drained to Ego 0, the character will begin sinking ⅓†per phase. To resist sinking, characters must make an ego roll (even a 0 ego character has a 9-). If the roll succeeds, the character has felt a flicker of hope, and counteracts ⅓â€worth of sinking. For every ⅓†a character has sunk, he suffers a -2 modifier to the roll.

Other characters may attempt to help him using a presence attack. All characters encouraging the victim to roll presence attacks. Total all the dice. For every 5 points rolled, the character gets +1 on his roll.

Note: "When the scene for the "Swamps of Sadness" was being shot and the horse was supposed to "sink", he really did. The platform lifts failed and the horse died. Noah Hathaway (Atreyu) was so upset he couldn't do anything for two weeks.

Re: The Swamps of Sadness

Morla, the Ancient One

We don't even care whether or not we care

morla.jpg

STR 100
DEX 5
CON 20
BODY 28
INT 50
EGO 50, Inherent
PRE 40
COM 0
PD 30
ED 30
SPD 2
REC 4
END 20
STUN 20

The Ancient OneLife Support: Immortality

A Shell Mountain+10 to Concealment, self only

A Shell Mountain +12 rPD, +12 rED, not on head.

Too apathetic to Move -6" Running, -2" Leaping

The Wisest Being in Fantasia Knowledge: Everything but How to save the childelike empress 60-

Heavy -18" Knockback resistance

Physical Limitation: Colossal (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)

Social Limitation: Talks to Self

Psychological limitation: Completely apathetic (total)

Note: "When the scene for the "Swamps of Sadness" was being shot and the horse was supposed to "sink"' date=' he really did. The platform lifts failed and the horse died. Noah Hathaway (Atreyu) was so upset he couldn't do anything for two weeks.[/i']

That's the most tragic thing I've heard all week! Yet part of me wants to laugh. Why is this?

That's the most tragic thing I've heard all week! Yet part of me wants to laugh. Why is this?
Because you're a jaded old man?

In case you were wondering why I posted this, I just shot through a forgotten realms book on how to make interesting wilderness campaigns with hostile enviroments. It made me think of this. It would be a challenge for any party. Remember, horses only have an ego of 5, so they won't last too long.