Redwood Academy:The Raptors!

nexus

You are the first of a new breed. Better, smarter, faster. You've got the power and the skills. The world can be yours. If you've got what it takes to take it to those sad old Norms, the Raptors are looking for you!

Redwood Academy:The Raptors is a Teen Champions Fifth Edition PBEM with a twist. You will be playing "The bad guys". The mutant juvenile deliquents, the freaks and outsiders. The students of Redwood Academy will be your rivals and oppsition. They are also PCs in another on going PBEM! Much like situation between the Xavier students and the "Brotherhood" in the X men Evolution television series.

Character generation:

Base points:100

Disadvantage points:100

Active points:40

Limited Powerframeworks

Powers should reflect youth and in experience. These characters are teenagers and only recently developed their powers. Requires a skill roll, activation and other such limited are encouraged on all but the most simple and straightforward powers.

Required Disadvantages:Social Limitation:Youth/Minor in some form

Send all characters and inquires directly to:

Nexus@qx.net

Re: Redwood Academy:The Raptors!

well e-mailed character stats to you for Eric Drake. A teenager that was hit many times by his father after long drinking spells that has just come into his power over others. More or less he's currently following the 'might makes right' idea, It's the only thing he's really learned from his father over the years and with no mother (not sure if I should of had her die in his past or just left him to the cruel clutches of his father) could also use a few psychological limitation ideas, but then I'd need something more to spend them on

40 active points and the power should reflect being inexperienced/new/hard to control. Not alot of power stunts with them either.

Its being done on yahoogroups.

Also the game may contain Adult Subject matter (Violence, racism, drugs, sexuality).

40 active points and the power should reflect being inexperienced/new/hard to control. Not alot of power stunts with them either.

Its being done on yahoogroups.

Also the game may contain Adult Subject matter (Violence, racism, drugs, sexuality).

I get the 40 Active, but what about characteristics...are you using the Low-Powered Hero ranges from Champions for things like CV, SPD, Defenses and the like?

I get the 40 Active' date=' but what about characteristics...are you using the Low-Powered Hero ranges from Champions for things like CV, SPD, Defenses and the like?[/quote']

Defense would cap at 40 as well. I haven't established a firm limit on characterstics, but these are at most, high school students. They're attributes shouldn't be that high unless its part of their powers (Super Intelligence or the like).

Power Frameworks will also be examined very closely.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Defense caps at 40?

What does that mean?

No more than 20/20? No more than 40 points in defenses? No more than 40 in one power? No more than 40 points in ®PD/No more than 40 points in ®ED?

Not that I really care... just wondering where Sludge (with 20/20 defense, some of it resistant) falls in relation to the cap. (possibly over...)

[i submitted Sludge to this game]

Defense caps at 40?

What does that mean?

No more than 20/20? No more than 40 points in defenses? No more than 40 in one power? No more than 40 points in ®PD/No more than 40 points in ®ED?

Not that I really care... just wondering where Sludge (with 20/20 defense, some of it resistant) falls in relation to the cap. (possibly over...)

[i submitted Sludge to this game]

Sorry, house rule speak. No more than 20/20 in defenses.

Re: Redwood Academy:The Raptors!Whats the frequency of posting? Daily, once a week, etc?Ill try to slap together a character for this tonight, but Ive got a lot of prep work to do for my F2F campaign this weekend and my wife was mumbling something about going to the movies so we'll see. ;)Im thinking a Martial Artist sort of the top of my head, maybe even a toned down version of Tenacious?

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Tenacious

Alternate Identities: Jonathan Brinks

Player Name:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1128
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
30 STR 10 20 30 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [3]
25 DEX 10 45 25 14- OCV 8 DCV 8
50 CON 10 80 50 19-
20 BODY 10 20 20 13-
10 INT 10 0 10 11- PER Roll 11-
13 EGO 10 6 13 12- ECV: 4
13 PRE 10 3 13 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
14 COM 10 2 14 12-

10 PD 6 4 10   10 PD (10 rPD)
10 ED 10 0 10   10 ED (10 rED)
4 SPD 3.5 5 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
15 REC 16 -2 15  
100 END 100 0 100  
100 STUN 60 40 100    
6" Running 6 0 6"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
6"/3"" Leaping 6 0 6" 223 Total Characteristics Points
attachment.php?attachmentid=1267
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 200
Disad Points: 150
Total Points: 350
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 6" [12" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (6") 6"
V. Leap (3") 3"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Blonde
Eye Color:  Ice Blue
Height:  5' 10"
Weight:  190 lbs
Description:
Jonathan looks a lot like his father, without all the battering. He is wiry and rugged with an impressive physique. He has blonde hair cut short, and the same icy blue eyes of his father. He wears t-shirts and jeans or cargo pants with leather boots usually.

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost  Maneuver
All Out Attack Scrapping
1) Roundhouse Kick: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +5d6 Strike
2) Leg Scoop: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike, Target Falls
3) Slap the Weapon: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, Disarm, +15 STR to Disarm roll
4) Body Check: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +1d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
5) Flying Body Check: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +1d6 +v/5; FMove
6) +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
23 Total Martial Arts Cost

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 10 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 10  
Energy Defense 10 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 10  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 8 DCV: 8

Combat Skill Levels:
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
Roundhouse Kick 1/2 +1 -2 STR +5d6 Strike
Leg Scoop 1/2 +2 -1 STR +2d6 Strike, Target Falls
Slap the Weapon 1/2 +2 -2 Disarm, +15 STR to Disarm roll
Body Check 1/2 +2 +1 STR +1d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
Flying Body Check 1/2 +2 -2 STR +1d6 +v/5; FMove
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
12 Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points)
40 Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)
40 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)
8 Fast Healing: Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).
100 Total Powers Cost
TALENTS
Cost  Name
1 Resistance (1 point)
1 Total Talents Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
10 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
25 Battle Lust: When in a fight (Very Common), go 11-, recover 11-
5 Money: Poor
15 Physical Limitation: No sense of touch; cant feel pain (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Confrontational and Aggressive (Very Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Contemptuous of those who cannot fight well (Common; Strong)
10 Reputation: Hot headed fighter 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)
10 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally; Major)
5 Unluck: 1d6
10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Acid (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Acid (Uncommon)
150 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 5' 10" Hair: Blonde
Weight: 190 lbs Eyes: Ice Blue
Appearance: Jonathan looks a lot like his father, without all the battering. He is wiry and rugged with an impressive physique. He has blonde hair cut short, and the same icy blue eyes of his father. He wears t-shirts and jeans or cargo pants with leather boots usually.
Personality: Direct and intense, with a total lack of fear for any physical challenge. He's not suicidal; he wouldnt jump of the Empire State Building, but he'd certainly bungie jump off of it for instance. He doesnt make friends easily, and has a tendency to go into battle frenzy when in a fight. He's also aggressive and has no respect for people that cant handle themselves in a fight. He's in the difficult years of adolescence and prone to mood swings.

As he gets older, his personality will even out more, and he makes a conscious attempt currently to stay out of trouble. He wants to make his parents proud of him, and has taken his father's advice to avoid crime to heart.

Quote:"Fair warning, pal: push me any further and Ill tear you down to the ground...."
Background: Jonathan was born 16 years ago in L.A. to Paulina Brinks, an unwed mother. He only vaguely remembered his dad for most of his life, because he got sent to prison when Jonathan was 5. His father sent letters from prison occasionally, but they were to his mom, and only occasionally mentioned him. Jonathan always had a temper, and would often throw fits as a small child. As he grew older he became aggressive and got into a lot of fights with other kids. He also became a major daredevil, never afraid to do anything or to pull any stunt, no matter how dangerous. He never seemed to feel any pain, and even when he got hurt, he always seemed to be fine the next day. He was always in trouble at school, and was basically an angry loner.

His mother started dating other men when Jon was 7, exhibiting her usual bad taste in men. Most of her beau's were bikers, blue collar workers, and other rough sorts, many of whom were alcoholic, overbearing or abusive, or all three. Domestic violence was a common occurance, and when Jon was 12 he beat the snot out of 1 particularly cruel jerk who took a swing at him at the dinner table 1 night. This was a turning point for Jonathan, as it was the first time he realized that he was uncommonly dexterous and strong compared to adult men. If he had been cocksure before, he was unstoppable now. He had no fear of reprisal, no hesitation to leap into a fray; he would confront anyone and challenge anything. He went from one fight to the next both in and out of school, and even beat up one of his teachers who tried to throw him out of class for being overly disrupted. This got him expelled, and was the final straw for his mother.

Paulina had had enough. She finally threw him out of the house, at age 16. She said he was just like his father and was going to end up in and out of prison if he didnt stop being such a hellion and start respecting the rules of society and other people. She told him that his father was out of prison now and starting up a business for himself and that he could go live with him for a while. She packed him off to the Greyhound station despite his protests to reform, and he was met on the other end by a nearly 7 foot black haired and muscle-bound man in a black tank top, displaying absurdly powerful arms. "Are you my father?" Jonathan asked in awe, which caused the towering brute to chuckle and reply with a deep Chicago accent, "Hah! Naw; da boss sent me around to pick you up; he's closing a contract over da phone with Unger. He wanted to be here himself, but, eh, you knows how it is; the client is quibbling over da details so hes gotta deal with it. Im yer Uncle Mike, but you can call me Jackhammer."

"Oh. What kind of contract? Do you work for my father? Jackhammer? Is my fathers company into construction or something?", Jonathan asked with typical teenaged aplomb.

"Uh, yeah, "or something". Yer father will tell you all about it. Lets go grab da car and get this show on the road; whaddaya say to that kid? Oh, is you hungry or something? We could stop for some sausages or something on da way back to da office."

Jonathan met his father later that day for the first time since he was 5 years old and was surprised to find that his father looked like an older, bigger, and more battered version of himself. There was no question that it really was his father; they looked almost exactly the same with only the difference of age to differentiate them. Jonathan knew from his mother that his father's name was Chad Kelley, but he was a little thrown off by all of his fathers friends/employees calling him "Machine" to his face and either "da Boss" or "The Machine" to refer to him. Jonathan was also suprised by the other guys that worked at his dad's office. Aside from towering "Uncle Mike", there was the deadly serious Mr. Unger, who looked like he had some kind of cybernetics grafted on to him, and of course "Bronto" with his stinking elephant like hide and menacing appearance.

It was fairly obvious to Jonathan that his father didnt know what to do with him. He was extremely busy getting his company established and had no parenting skills at all. Chad did make some concessions to Jonathan's presense; he got a bigger apartment with an extra bedroom and bought some furniture for Jonathan to furnish it with, and got him enrolled in a new high school, but mostly he expected Jonathan to go to school and stay out of the way. Every morning Uncle Mike would come by and drop him off at school. In the afternoons he was expected to make his own way back via bus.

Left to his own devices, Jonathan soon fell back into his old habits and was quickly involved in fights and trouble yet again. The led to Chad being called in by the school to take a hand. He confronted Jonathan about his behavior one night at home, and the teenaged Jonathan quickly lost his temper and began railing at his father, and finally got so worked up he took a swing at him. Suprisingly his father easily blocked the attack; this infuriated Jonathan and he threw a flurry of blows, trying all of his dirty infighting tricks and throwing everything he had into it. His father easily blocked everything he had. Finally, Chad just put his hands to his side and started taking the hits, easily absorbing the impacts. Eventually Jonathan's rage broke and he came out of his fugue tired and frustrated, and also feeling a little bit guilty.

"Well, it seems like something bred true in you anyway. You're pretty strong, son. And quick. Let me ask you something; do you feel pain? I mean, when something hits you, do you feel it? Me, I cant feel anything. I have no sense of touch at all. I cant feel hot or cold, if something is wet or not, or rough or smooth. I hate that. Did you know I used to be a carpenter? I learned it from my father. I loved to work with wood; to feel the grain of it beneath my fingers, the soft powder of wood dust, smoothness of a well finished piece. Thats what I miss the most, you know. When you build something with your own two hands, well, its a feeling like no other to see it standing there, finished....."; Chad shook his head, shaking off the maudlin thoughts with it; "Look son; I know you are angry at me, and at the world. I screwed up with you, no question. I should have married your mother and settled down, stayed out of the business and got back into carpentry or some other line of work. At the time I couldnt though. I was involved in a war between VIPER on the one hand and the Yakuza on the other. I was in a hard spot. I met your mother in a bar one night, and ended up taking her home. We had a lot of fun togther the next few days, but she was a good listener too and I found myself calling on her more and more in the next few weeks until eventually we moved into an apartment together. You were born later that year. I had arranged things so I could be there for the day the docs said you'd put in an appearance, but you were premature a few days and I was still away on a job. When I heard the news, I pushed through the job and rushed back to L.A., driving straight thru from Vegas. Heh; I about blew the engine out of the rental, tearing through the desert. Anyway, I got to the hospital 10 minutes after you were born and I remember looking at you through the glass and thinking, "I've got to straighten my act up, and be a good father to this kid." And I tried, Jon, I really did. I stopped working for the Yakuza and tried to get work as a carpenter or anything else for that matter. But I was already an ex-con and was lucky to get crap jobs where I couldnt make in half a year what I could make from 1 good score in the business, and spent most of the time unemployeed. You were probably too young to remember, but by the time you were 3 we had spent through all the money I had saved and we were broke, hard. So, I took on a job in the business for some extra cash to make ends meet. And then another. Within a year, I was back in the business again for all intents and purpose, working as a freelancer.

"Times were good for a couple of years before I got caught on a job by a cape with mental powers, and got sent back to Stronghold again for 15 years. Your mother says she held out for me for a couple of years, but the money I left with her had run out and I couldnt get her any more; finally I wrote and told her to find a new guy to make ends meet, so she could take care of you. I've come to understand that didnt work out so well, but there wasnt anything I could do about it in the pen, and your mother never told me regardless. I got time off for good behaviour, and I got a degree while I was in the pen, and Im trying to do something now smarter than busting heads for small change. Im trying to get established and make a new life for myself here.

"Your mother didnt want to see me when I got out, but I told her I wanted to meet you at least; three months later she sends you to live with me. That was a little unexpected but now that Ive seen you Im glad she did. I know I havent been there for you, son, but I want to make it up to you. I want to provide you with a good future, so you dont have to live the life that I have. I want you to keep your nose clean, and stay on the up and up, so you can make your way in society as something other than a criminal. You've got 2 more years before you are a man. In the meantime, stop fighting at school, put your nose to the books, and get ready for college. You are not going to grow up to be a criminal thug-for-hire like me. You've obviously inherited some superhuman abilities from me, fine and well, though I wish you hadnt. But dont use them like I've used them. Either just accept them and move on to have an otherwise normal life as a businessman or a craftsman, or moviestar, or whatever; or if you must use them, use them on the side of law as a cape. Trust me, there's a much better percentage in using them to stop crime than to commit crime these days. You can get sponsored, or do endorsements, or hook up with a wealthy cape with an establishment and mooch off of them for your 3 hots and a cot. Capes look out for each other too. Me, I cant trust any of the palooka's I work with; they'd all sell me down the river for the right price, or else are so dumb that they could be used against me. Take my current associates for example; Unger's doing his own thing -- he's got an agenda and this is just a means to an end for him unless I miss my guess. I can trust Bronto only so long as I pay him; the day the money runs out is the day he splits. I think Jackhammer is reasonably loyal to me, but he's also dumb as a post and easily manipulated. But capes, those guys watch each other's backs, you understand?

"So listen to me. I dont want to hear about you getting in trouble at school anymore, and I dont want you getting involved in any small-time-crime going on in the neighborhood. You're meant for better things than that, right? Leave em alone. You've established yourself as a badass. Now just ride the rep and only defend it when you have to. You'll get further that way. Im putting aside money for you to go to college; even if I get sent to Stronghold again those funds will still be there; its all in your name. So, nose to the books, no criminal activities, and start picking out colleges you want to go to; got it? And if you need to fight to get the anger out, you can come down to the dojo with me and we'll train together. Youve got your own style already, but your old man might still be able to show you a trick or two. Deal?"

Jonathan, his anger gone, agreed. Feeling accepted for the first time, he was able to reign in his temper considerably. Though still aggressive and headstrong, and liable to loose himself to a red fugue when in a fight, at least he didnt go around looking to start those fights as he did previously. He's been doing better in school, and is considering several institutions of higher learning. He trains with his father 3 nights a week most weeks, and has started to make a few friends at school. At his fathers advice he has avoided school sports as they would draw too much attention to his superhuman strength and dexterity, but Jonathan has started to develop an interest in Motor Shop. He's decided he wants a motorcycle, but he's holding off until he can afford a really good one. He works at a fast food restaurant on the weekends for some pocket money, and his father gives him a small allowance for doing odd jobs around the house, so he can make occasional small purchases and still save for his bike.

This year coming up will be his junior year of highschool, and his grades have improved enough that his father was able to get him accepted into the prestigious Ravenswood Academy, which his father thinks will be an excellent entry point into higher society. However, his father is not aware of Ravenswood's alternate purpose; he enrolled his son as a normal student and paid the tuition directly. It will be interesting to see what happens when Jonathan attends the school if he encounters other superhuman teens; his powers are already comparable to most adult superheroes, and are likely far beyond most of the other young students of the school for one, and his blue-collar past from the other side of the tracks will definitely make it a little difficult for him to blend in with the more sheltered teenagers he's likely to encounter. The faculty is aware of who Chad "The Machine" Kelly really is, and will keep an eye on his son to see if he has powers similar to his fathers, taking appropriate steps to inculcate him into the inner program for superhuman teens if it becomes apparant that he does.

Powers/Tactics: Jonathan has inherited most of his father's immunity to pain, superhuman physique, and natural gift for fighting. His capabilities are not as powerful as his father's, particularly his healing capacity. However, he is not fully grown yet; over time his capabilities may increase with maturity and training.

Jonathan is almost impossible to knock unconscious or stagger, will eventually recover from almost any injury, and has bullet proof skin. He is also impressively strong and rarely gets tired.

In combat, Jonathan simply attacks with no thought to defense. He is purely offensive, throwing himself at opponents without hesitation. His fighting style is undisciplined but due to his ability to ignore most damage, it is effective.

Campaign Use: Story driven character, ties many elements together, and has potential to grow into a competant hero later on.
Character created with Hero Designer (version 1.47)

Re: Redwood Academy:The Raptors!I edited the file by hand (dont have Hero Designer on this computer), but should be pretty close:

Combat Information Page

Character Name: Chronic

Alternate Identities: Greg Thorpe

Player Name:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1128
CHARACTERISTICS CHARACTER IMAGE
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
30 STR 10 20 30 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [3]
14 DEX 10 12 14 12- OCV 5 DCV 5
30 CON 10 40 30 15-
20 BODY 10 20 20 13-
10 INT 10 0 10 11- PER Roll 11-
11 EGO 10 2 13 11- ECV: 4
13 PRE 10 3 13 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
12 COM 10 1 12 11-

8 PD 6 2 8   8 PD (8 rPD)
8 ED 6 2 8   8 ED (8 rED)
4 SPD 2.4 16 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
12 REC 12 0 12  
60 END 60 0 60  
60 STUN 50 10 60    
6" Running 6 0 6"    
2" Swimming 2 0 2"    
6"/3"" Leaping 6 0 6" 128 Total Characteristics Points
attachment.php?attachmentid=1267
EXPERIENCE POINTS
Total earned: 0
Spent: 0
Unspent: 0
Base Points: 100
Disad Points: 100
Total Points: 200
MOVEMENT
Type Total
Run (6) 6" [12" NC]
Swim (2) 2" [4" NC]
H. Leap (6") 6"
V. Leap (3") 3"
APPEARANCE
Hair Color:  Blonde
Eye Color:  Ice Blue
Height:  5' 10"
Weight:  190 lbs
Description:
Though only 16 years of age, Greg Thorpe looks like a body builder in his in his early 20's. Just coming into his powers and not fully grown yet, there is no telling how large Greg will eventually be, but currently he is a sturdy 5' 10", 190 lbs. He has blonde hair that he wears short and occassionally shaves off, piercing blue eyes, and typically wears an arrogant expression. He usually just wear jeans and a tee-shirt or Dickies work clothes with steel-toed boots.

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS
Cost  Maneuver
All Out Attack Scrapping
1) Roundhouse Kick: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
2) Leg Scoop: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +1d6 Strike, Target Falls
3) Slap the Weapon: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, Disarm, +10 STR to Disarm roll
4) Body Check: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR  Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
5) Flying Body Check: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
19 Total Martial Arts Cost

DEFENSES
Type Amount Notes
Physical Defense 10 Current BODY:
Res. Phys. Defense 10  
Energy Defense 10 Current END:
Res. Energy Defense 10  
Mental Defense 0 Current STUN:
Power Defense 0  
COMBAT INFORMATION
OCV: 5 DCV: 5

Combat Skill Levels:
+1 w/ Martial Arts
COMBAT MANEUVERS
Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect
Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, abort
Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.
Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm
Dodge 1/2 -- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks
Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs
Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab
Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4 DC attack damage
Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5
Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3
Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged Attacks only
Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon
Roundhouse Kick 1/2 +1 -2 STR +5d6 Strike
Leg Scoop 1/2 +2 -1 STR +2d6 Strike, Target Falls
Slap the Weapon 1/2 +2 -2 Disarm, +15 STR to Disarm roll
Body Check 1/2 +2 +1 STR +1d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
Flying Body Check 1/2 +2 -2 STR +1d6 +v/5; FMove
COMBAT MODIFIERS
Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128
RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

POWERS
Cost  Power END
10 Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (10 Active Points)
15 Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Activation 14- (-1/2)
15 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2), Activation 14- (-1/2)
8 Fast Healing: Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).
48 Total Powers Cost

SKILLS
Cost  Name
3 +1 with Martial Arts
1 Breakfall 8-
1 Streetwise 8-
4 Total Skills Cost

DISADVANTAGES
Cost  Disadvantage
10 Hunted: Academy 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
25 Battle Lust: When in a fight (Very Common), go 11-, recover 11-
5 Money: Poor
15 Physical Limitation: No sense of touch; cant feel pain (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Confrontational and Aggressive (Very Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common; Strong)
10 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally; Major)
100 Total Disadvantages Cost
Height: 5' 10" Hair: Blonde
Weight: 190 lbs Eyes: Ice Blue
Appearance: Though only 16 years of age, Greg Thorpe looks like a body builder in his in his early 20's. Just coming into his powers and not fully grown yet, there is no telling how large Greg will eventually be, but currently he is a sturdy 5' 10", 190 lbs. He has blonde hair that he wears short and occassionally shaves off, piercing blue eyes, and typically wears an arrogant expression. He usually just wear jeans and a tee-shirt or Dickies work clothes with steel-toed boots.
Personality: Direct and intense, with a total lack of fear for any physical challenge. He's not suicidal; he wouldnt jump of the Empire State Building, but he'd certainly bungie jump off of it for instance. He doesnt make friends easily, and has a tendency to go into battle frenzy when in a fight. He's also aggressive and has no respect for people that cant handle themselves in a fight. He's in the difficult years of adolescence and prone to mood swings. As he gets older, his personality will even out more. He constantly gets in trouble and doesnt fear the consequences.
Quote: "Start something or get the %#$@ out of my face. Your call."

Background: Greg is an orphan. He was abandoned by his mother at age 3 in [campaign city].

Greg was put into several foster homes as a child, but his rebellious attitude and incorrigible trouble making, even as a very young child, saw him returned to the orphanage several times. Greg was no better behaved in the orphanage; he regularly got into trouble, fought with other kids, and generally did his best to be as much of a hellion as he could be.

When he was 10 he was jumped by 8 older boys in the laundry room. Their plan was simple: beat the snot out of Greg and then stuff him into the industrial dryer for a taste of "Tumble Dry" in retribution for various attacks upon themselves, and the disciplining that the entire hall constantly suffered from due to Greg's infractions. Sadly they learned first hand that the best laid plans often go awry as Greg proceeded to ignore their best hits while beating the crap out of all of them. One of them even broke his collarbone with a drying rack, but Greg was fine a few hours later. After that no one dared cross him.

Fortunately for the other children Greg soon bored of his dominance and began a cycle of running away from the orphanage to make it on the streets until he was caught or got bored and returned to the orphanage. Finally the administrators of the orphanage were only too happy to remand the little monster to the care of [Name of] Academy as part of a special outreach program for "needy children", and didnt ask too many questions about why the Academy people were so intent about a trouble maker like Greg rather than any one of the other equally needy orphans in the facility.....

Greg does not think of himself as superhuman; he's just strong and tough, but his fullest potential has never been taxed so he doesnt realize how much stronger and tougher he was than normal people. What he doesn't know is that he is the product of a genetic experiment by [insert Appropriate Organization HERE] conducted on his parents before he was born. His mother managed to escape with him when he was a toddler and fled; after laying a trail through several cities she depositied him into the orphanage where he grew up and departed to lay a false trail away from him.

Powers/Tactics: Greg has a near-immunity to pain, a superhuman physique, and a natural gift for scrapping. He has an accelerated healing capacity and can grow back lost limbs, though he does not know this. He is not fully grown yet; over time his capabilities may increase with maturity and training.

Greg is very difficult to knock unconscious or stagger, will eventually recover from almost any injury, and has moderately bullet proof skin. He is also impressively strong and rarely gets tired.

In combat, Greg simply attacks with no thought to defense. He is purely offensive, throwing himself at opponents without hesitation. His fighting style is undisciplined but due to his ability to ignore most damage, it is effective.

Campaign Use: Brickish Martial Artist
Character created with Hero Designer (version 1.47)

First I want to thank everyone that submitted a character. These final picks weren't easy, nor are they meant to indicate I don't think the other characters were good. These are just the ones I think will work best within in the campaign.

Caress

Slacker

Sludge

Eric Drake

Chronic (With modification, contact me at my email:Nexus@qx.net)

PG-13 Material Kid leave the thread!!

Caress

AKA: Alexis Klum

Lifestyles of the Young, the Rich, and the Powerful

You all know the story by now, little rich girl gone bad, makes all the bad tabloids and occasionally PEOPLE or MAXIM driving her parents to distraction being photographed stumbling, half naked and stoned out of her mind, from some Beverly Hills or Manhattan Club. Alexis Klum is all that and more. Alexis is beautiful, already she has appeared on 12 major magazine covers. She is rich, being the heiress to the Klum Hotel fortune (60s motto “Klum’s a Plum!â€). She is powerful; you see Alexis is a mutant.

Alexis lived a life of excess and frivolity. Getting into clubs at 13 and partying all night. Being a Latchkey Heiress has its advantages. She and her clique of socialite friends wore everything that was cool, heck they decided what was cool, had cool guys and gals for lovers, and paid off more than a few cops to look the other way for discretions. Life was good and was only going to get better. Except you guessed it, Alexis is a mutant.

Alexis has always had a temper. Her ‘tude was notorious on the scene, and few people escaped her wrath, verbal or otherwise. She was in Manhattan at some nomad club, you know the type sets up show when ever and wherever the gypsy clubbers decide. Alexis and her group were having a great time, and flying high as kites. Then she walked in, 5 feet 9 inches blonde haired and green eyes and a total pain in Alexis’s ass. Deborah Carter, 19 years old and this years ‘it’ girl, so Alexis, naturally, could not stand her. So Alexis goes and lips off to the model. In that really catty girl way, you know.

Deborah is no weak willed kitten, however and gives as good as she gets. Guess being raised with 6 corn-fed brothers in Podunk Nebraska will do that. Soon the club was all “Fight!†and not in the Zoolander way. Biting and scratching commences with a lot of hair pulling and a few punches thrown in for good measure. Alexis proceeds to get the royal stuffing beaten out of her. And as she is getting her pretty face slapped around, she grabs Deborah’s even prettier one and burns it! Her anger and pain have activated her previously latent mutant abilities. Now covered in a thin film of blue plasma-like acid, (Club-goers described it like that scene in Panic Room when the gas ignites!) her fingers ate into the other girl’s skin and the screaming really began.

Alexis was totally freaking out. She only meant to scratch the bitch, but now the entire world was fucked. She ran out, injuring a few more people with her emergent powers. In a few minutes the Fire department and the paramedics arrived. The Club was emptied and people though freaked went their separate ways.

Alexis went home. She walked into her daddy’s study, sizzling through his Isfahan rugs and told him that something terrible had happened. Poppa Klum, sensible businessman he was roused the might of the Klum lawyers and before noon the next day NDAs and cash payments were secured with FD, Paramedics, and over a hundred club attendees. A substantial payment was made to settle court action with Deborah Carter. Deborah would never again work as a model. But more importantly, Alexis would be found a new school: Redwood Academy.

Redwood, a friend of a friend, had assured Mr. Klum would take care of his rebellious and now exceeding dangerous daughter. Redwood is a school to not only prepare her for the real world, but teach her to control and contain her gifts. Alexis was packed off by the weekend. Her Parents went to Bora Bora for RR.

Now Alexis is at Redwood, and she is determined to be queen bitch there. Why? Because she didn’t ask for that slut to f*ck with her, she certainly didn’t ask to have powers that ruin her best clothes if she is not careful. More importantly, she is pissed that Mommy and Daddy think they can just shuttle her off and ignore her.

Image: Driving her convertible Porsche onto the campus, bitching about the move to her terrified friends on the cell, later going into her dorm room and screaming it is a dump. Acid resistant sheets and treated ceramic floors and walls. And being told no she cannot have her satin sheets or her things until she could control her damage shield. Then she really lost it. The Headmaster just chuckled and let her scream and rant. It was good training.

Personality: Paris Hilton on a bitch trip, she is vain, flighty, arrogant and mean with anger. If you interest her and are non-threatening to her ego she will love you, or well treat you like a friend. Go against her opinions or worse marginalize her and she brings the bitch-‘tude out.

As far a real evil, Alexis is not even in the running, she is a bad person, but not evil. She is a reluctant villain, like a school bully is a villain, or like a bitchy and amoral person is a villain. She does bad things because she has a total lack of empathy with other people and is entirely self centered.

Combat: Total uncertain of her power level, Caress will dodge around the battle at least ½ of the time. Only when she feels she has an upper hand or similar advantage will she cut loose with her EB. Alexis has absolutely no skill at hand to hand combat, and will probably scream and employ her HKA reactively if someone ‘hits’ her.

Powers:

Alexis is a mutant with no noticeable physical enhancements yet. Her main powers consist of surrounding herself with and projecting a powerful substance that eats through nearly anything. This “plasma-acid†as she calls it is blue in color and feels to her as a kind of filmy air, or really dense smoke. It glows softy blue as well making her feel a bit like a day glow or neon sign.

The substance also coats her skin deflecting and absorbing a lot of incoming attacks (Force Field). Alexis can also carve a hole in a bank vault door and hurl a gout of plasma-acid at foes at a distance (her preferred attack.)Her killing attack is extremely powerful, but she prefers not to use it except as above (enraged is about the only other time!). Her damage shield is an emerging power, and one she has little control over, it mainly activates when she is really emotional, ala Bruce Banner “Don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.†Once it is on she cannot turn it off voluntarily. This is her big task. Turn the bleeding thing off!

Hawksmoor

A short history of Eric Drake.

Life is Hard. A lesson everyone hears when there a teenager often however these lessons are not usually found striking a child because someones wife left them due to a drinking problem.

Those with power are in control. Another lesson learned when everyone you turn to ends up taking your fathers side of the story when you come to school beaten black and blue.

friendship is sweet. A lesson Enjoyed learning when your girlfriend takes a shows up and beats the living holy hell out of your father and hospitalizing him for your coming to school with a bruise around the eye.

With great power comes great responsibility. The final lesson, to place yourself among your peers and break the bones and wills of those whom have caused you the most grief.

This is Erics mentality to a Tee. A very friendly teenager to your face and now a backstabber if you should cause him any problems. His father still is not sure what happened to him and his drinking problems have increased causing him for the most part even after his release from the hospital to be very confusing and disorienting.

Power/tactics: Erics power is the bliss touch and addictive power that he can't turn off without causing extreme fatigue within seconds to himself. his only real usable power is his keen mind which he uses to create small but dangerous items of high technology with his limited funds.

his favorite tactic is to use his home made explosives or even a his home made stun rod.

Qoute:"They call me dreamboat my dear lady, but I'm quite lethal anyway"

Personality: While and friendly face is something that everyone likes Eric uses it as a weapon getting close to an enemy and then turning there secrets against them. If he dislikes them. He only really trusts women and only because of his bliss touch. He does feel the weight of family obligation but only because he is 16 does he feel any need to have his father around, after all without him he'd have to move in with his grandparents and that would take him away from his addicted to bliss girlfriend and thats the last thing he needs is to have attention drawn to him. Eric for the post part doesn't see himself as bad or evil, merely a good kid getting what he believes he lost, his self respect. However those that have been on the recieving end of his revenge compare him to the devil himself.

appearance: Brown hair blue/green eyes with creme colored skin, wears black rather often because it seems to keep the annoying popular kids away from him.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Sludge:

Fred Graves was always a big kid. He grew up fast, in both senses of the world. He had to. He was always breaking things, and getting beat on by his big brother. He became a bully in self defense, hurting others to justify his breaking things, and to make his big brother like him more. Eventually he became a better bully than his brother, as well as a dangerous fighter. His greatest moment, though, was when he challenged an older, bigger, stronger and more experienced gang member to wrestle. They fought in a dusty lot, with quite an auidience. Fred was constantly put in holds, squeezed painfully time and again. Each time, he bore the pain, and slowly wriggled free. Sheer stubbornness was letting him hold his own. The fight lasted a long time, starting to rain after the first dozen minutes. The dirt went muddy, smearing both of them. As the fight went on, his opponent got weaker... but Fred got stronger. Then it was his opponents turn to desperately try to escape... but it didn't work. Fred gripped him... and squeezed.

Yeah, he lived.

===========

Sludge is a brick. Strong, Tough. Also, he's sticky. He sort of oozes into the ground or anything he picks up when stressed.

I have a longer description, but in short: He's big. Really big. Full grown man sized (he's a teen, y'know).