CHAR: Sir Rodderick of Vargas

Enforcer84

this is an NPC from my Breath of Fire Hero game. He's a nobleman from the Evil Empire, but he's not evil.

Sir Rodderik Vargas of Harlstod

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
17 DEX 21
15 CON 10
12 BODY 4
15 INT 5
12 EGO 4
18 PRE 8
14 COM 2
8/19 PD 5
8/19 ED 5
4 SPD 13
6 REC 0
30 END 0
28 STUN 0
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
3" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 82
attachment.php?attachmentid=5399&stc=1

Cost Power END
20 Protection Spell: Aid PD & ED 5d6 (50 Active Points); Requires A Faith Skill (-1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Gestures: Instant Power (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) [Notes: Increased PD & ED] 0
22 Enchanted Plate Armor: Armor (11 PD/11 ED) (33 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
15 Resiliance: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% 0
15 Tougness: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% 0
15 Fanaticism: Mental Damage Reduction, 25% 0
19 Mystria's Lance: Energy Blast 7d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (52 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Requires A Faith Skill (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4) 10
15 Shell: Force Wall (12 PD/12 ED) (60 Active Points); Force Wall Feedback (-1), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Only When Serving The God's Purposes (-1/2), Requires A Faith Skill Roll (-1/2) 6
22 Dragontongue: HKA 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Affects Desolidified (Ghost Touch; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF Durable (Enchanted Blade; -1) 4
11 Dragontongue(Fire Sheath): RKA 2d6 (30 Active Points); OAF Durable (Enchanted Sword; -1), Linked (Dragontongue; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) [Notes: Flame Aura around Blade] 3
0 Normal Shield [Notes: Normal Shield (DCV +2) Weight: 4 STR Min: 13 ] 0
Powers Cost: 154

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Weapons Combat
4 1) +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
5 2) All-Out: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, Weapon +5 DC Strike
4 3) Attack: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +3 DC Strike
4 4) Charge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Weapon +3 DC +v/5 Strike, FMove
4 5) Defend: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 6) Resist: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 35 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort
0 7) Weapon Element: Blades
1 8) Weapon Element: Empty Hand
1 9) Weapon Element: Shields
Martial Arts Cost: 27

Cost Skill
2 +1 with Dragontongue
40 +5 with All Combat
3 Power: Faith 13-
3 Breakfall 12-
3 Bribery 13-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
2 CK: Harlstod 11-
3 Climbing 12-
3 Combat Driving 12-
3 High Society 13-
3 Interrogation 13-
3 Language: Woren (Completely Fluent, w/Accent)
3 Oratory 13-
4 PS: Knight Templar 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 12-
2 2) KS: Church of Mystria (3 Active Points) 12-
2 3) KS: Heraldry of Mystria (3 Active Points) 12-
2 4) KS: Knight Lords of Harlstod (3 Active Points) 12-
1 5) KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
2 6) KS: Politics (3 Active Points) 12-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Stealth 12-
4 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Mountain) 12-
3 Tactics 12-
3 Trading 13-
3 Transport Familiarity: Ministry Vehicles
0 Weapon Familiarity: Clubs
1 Weapon Familiarity: Pistols
1 Weapon Familiarity: Rifles
1 Weapon Familiarity: Swords
Skills Cost: 117

Cost Perk
30 Follower: Templars
40 Follower: The Seventh Light Infantry
5 Money: Well Off
15 Vargas Manor
2 Reputation: Valorous and Popular Knight (A medium-sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
5 Fringe Benefit: Knight, Membership: Order of the Knights Templar
Perks Cost: 97

Cost Talent
12 Turn Undead
4 Deadly Blow: +1d6 (Only Vs Undead)
Talents Cost: 16

Val Disadvantages
5 DNPC: Lady Allisandra 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
5 Distinctive Features: Nobility (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
15 Hunted: Lord Garrison Halstath (Knight Lord of Kheln): 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, NCI, Harshly Punish
20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Chivalry Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to Lady Allisandra (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to the Throne and Country of Myria Common, Total
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence Very Common, Moderate
15 Reputation : Honorable Knight, Frequently (11-) (Extreme)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Lady Dancibar; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic ( Luvenian Crosswell; Knight Templar of Phurg; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
10 Social Limitation: Public Identity: Rodderick Vargas Frequently (11-), Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures
15 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (Frequently, Major)
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:150Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 193Total Experience Available: 193Total Character Cost: 493Height: 1.91 mHair: BrownWeight: 90.00 kgEyes: BlueAppearance: Eyes: Blue, Hair: Black, short cut

Rodderick is the picture of a chivalric knight. He is athletically built and wears an enchanted suit of blue plate mail with beautiful celtic like designs inlaid in white. He also wears a white cloak over his armor. His sword "Dragontongue" is a beautifully forged blade of enchanted silver with a golden hilt that appears to be the head of a dragon with its jaws wide and the blade sticking from its mouth (hence the name) when he speaks its name in its native Draconian tongue, the sword erupts in flame. His shield is normal. It is laquered white with the Vargas family crest in gold.(A tower on a plain field)

Personality: A virtuous knight. Rodderik is meant to be an antagonist (the Holy Empire of Myria is by and large an "evil empire") who is not only honorable, but heroic. He might oppose them if they actively seek to undermine his empire. He is also a potential ally. He is not blind to the corruption in the church, but believes it to be a minority of evil men and women affected by greed and seeking to undermine a true and good religion, he has no idea that the corruption is at the top.

Quote:"You have my word as a knight of Myria."Background: Rodderick is the oldest son of Lord Alister Vargas. He went straight to the military academy at age 12. He is bright, and very skilled at his craft. He is also a great speaker and leader. This has allowed him to rise through the ranks quickly. It is rumored that he will be one of the three Knight Templars to become Paladins this year. (Only a small number of Knight Templars are promoted each year) He is a good man who protects his home and leads his troops well. He does worry about the church and its power, he feels that some of the policies aren't good for his people and that occasionally they act out of greed rather than the will of the Goddess. He keeps these opinions to himself for now, though. He prefers to lead by example. He is very popular with the people of the Myrian Empire. His rivals are Lady Danncibar, who is as good a leader and warrior as he is, Sir Luvenian, who is an adequate knight but also is courting the Lady Allisandra as Rodderick is, and the pompous Lord Garrison Halstath, who is one of the greedy lords Rodderick suspects of evil. He and Lord Garrison have clashed verbally on several occasions. It is only a matter of time before the rivalry becomes physical. Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Re: CHAR: Sir Rodderick of Vargas

For the time being yes, 150 +150; its a very high end fantasy and I don't give point breaks to magic. Magic Items I feel for the most part are going to be payed for with points if the character starts out with them. I've not really worried too much about equipment, but after reading some of the threads here, I'm thinking I will look into it more.

For the time being yes' date=' 150 +150; its a very high end fantasy and I don't give point breaks to magic. Magic Items I feel for the most part are going to be payed for with points if the character starts out with them. I've not really worried too much about equipment, but after reading some of the threads here, I'm thinking I will look into it more.[/quote']

Well, having recently run a campaign at that level I will tell you that your PCs will sometimes be more like superheros than "fantasy characters" unless you keep a tight rein on their active points. Expect them to max their attributes across the board ("Is there anyone here who doesn't go on Speed 4, Dex 20?!?!?!?! Oh, right, you go on Dex:21...Good....I guess..."

I don't think I will ever run a FH campaign where the PCs are more than 75+75 again...I'd rather give them point breaks on magic and magic equipment than have it turn into another "gods among men game". Of course, I don't like it when single PC's jump ALONE and unchallenged onto barges of 50 soldiers and proceed to wipe them out and take no damage themselves....But, your millage my vary...

(Sorry if this turned into a rant...I just had a bad experience with "high level" fantasy hero.)

Rob

Well, having recently run a campaign at that level I will tell you that your PCs will sometimes be more like superheros than "fantasy characters" unless you keep a tight rein on their active points. Expect them to max their attributes across the board ("Is there anyone here who doesn't go on Speed 4, Dex 20?!?!?!?! Oh, right, you go on Dex:21...Good....I guess..."

I don't think I will ever run a FH campaign where the PCs are more than 75+75 again...I'd rather give them point breaks on magic and magic equipment than have it turn into another "gods among men game". Of course, I don't like it when single PC's jump ALONE and unchallenged onto barges of 50 soldiers and proceed to wipe them out and take no damage themselves....But, your millage my vary...

(Sorry if this turned into a rant...I just had a bad experience with "high level" fantasy hero.)

Rob

Yeah, I can see where that can happen, but Roddy here isn't too much better than your average fighter, I mean for all his points he still has a spd 4 dex 17 and the damages in my games are pretty high. A 19 DEF isn't too high, he's gonna take a right beating against two or more characters. But I am carving the game as I go, some of it will be stripped and gutted. I was looking at the Soliders (the guys who make up his Infantry Men. He can take a lot of them but will lose eventually.