Temporal Fugue?

Trebuchet

I'm trying to design a character that creates duplicates of himself by pulling them from time nearby, so they are himself from only a few seconds before or after the current segment of time. I want each duplicate to be able teleport to represent moving through time. Additionally, I want the number of available duplicates to be totally random each phase, anything from 1-6 copies at any given time. The character never knows when each of his phases starts just how many duplicates he'll be able to manage.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this (Obviously Duplication, but I mean relevant Limitations and cautions)?

I'm blatantly stealing this idea from Roger Zelazny's classic Creatures of Light and Darkness.

This sort of sounds like Flashback from Omega Flight (in the old Alpha Flight book...), who could pull dupes of himself from different points in the future. In one battle, one of his dupes is killed which causes him to toally flip out. He kept screaming....."I'm going to die...it might be in years, months, hours, or seconds, but I'm going to die!!!". Of course from then on, he was useless..... It might be a good idea for some sort of limitation.......

Doc

Originally posted by Dr. Rune

This sort of sounds like Flashback from Omega Flight (in the old Alpha Flight book...), who could pull dupes of himself from different points in the future. In one battle, one of his dupes is killed which causes him to toally flip out. He kept screaming....."I'm going to die...it might be in years, months, hours, or seconds, but I'm going to die!!!". Of course from then on, he was useless..... It might be a good idea for some sort of limitation.......Doc

Yeah, I remember Flashback. He was a weasel. :)

Yes, that might be a good psychlim for this character.

Where in Cincinnat do you live? I was born there and lived in Westwood until I was almost 13.

Isn't your icon the symbol on the chest of "The Greatest American Hero"?

Originally posted by Trebuchet

Yeah, I remember Flashback. He was a weasel. :)

Yes, that might be a good psychlim for this character.

Where in Cincinnat do you live? I was born there and lived in Westwood until I was almost 13.

Isn't your icon the symbol on the chest of "The Greatest American Hero"?

I acutally live in Northern Ky., about five minutes from downtown Cincinnati.

Yes, that's ole' Ralph's symbol......it sort of looks like a rune :)