Could somebody check this spell for me?

Yesman

Hello,

I'm away from my books at the moment, and was wondering if someone could please spend a moment to look over this spell to make sure the crunchy bits match the intended effect, and that it's not blatantly illegal (I'm running the game, so I can be a little off .. :winkgrin: ..) A point I may have immediately noticed myself.. are RSR penalties based off of the highest AP in a compound power, the total AP, or require a roll against each power?

Absorb Mystical Energies

Cost to Learn: 12

End to Cast: 8

Time: 1 Full Phase

Skill Penalty: -8

Range: 185"

The wizard summons a field of magical protection around herself and up to 7 allies. The field has a Power of 3d6, rolled when the spell is cast. While protected by a field a character has 1/2 the Power of the field as resistant defenses vs. Magical Energy attacks, and regains up to the Power of field in End from any Magical Energy attacks. The power of the field fades away at 5 points per Turn, but the field can be "strengthened" by repeated castings to a Power 18. Maintenance of this spell is extremely taxing and requires the caster to weave convoluted gestures and maintain a steady chant, this complexity of action reduces the caster's DCV to 0 while she is maintaining the spell. A set of rune-carved fingerbones is expended with the casting of this spell.

Cost** Power END
12** (Total: 78 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Absorption 3d6 (energy, End), Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; (+1 1/4) (41 Active Points); OAF Fragile Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Black Sorcery; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Phenomena (Magic; -1/4) (Real Cost: 7) plus Armor (0 PD/9 ED), Ranged (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; (+1 1/4) (37 Active Points); OAF Fragile Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 1/2), Limited Power Only up to half of the amount absorbed (-1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Linked (Absorption; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Phenomena (Magic; -1/4) (Real Cost: 5)* 8
Powers Cost: 12

and I have got to think of a better name for this dog.....

Re: Could somebody check this spell for me?

To save peoples vision, the limitations on both powers in the compound are largely the same. That's kind of the crux of the legality issue, I'm not sure if it's really double dipping or not with some of them (the gestures, incantations, etc...). I don't think it is.

Looks good. Looks legal. Sounds like you hit the effect you wanted.

I can't see anything wrong with it. It's legal to "double dip" like that, if both powers are limited in the same way then both should take the same limitations.

I have to admite, when I saw this topic, I read it as "Could somebody spell check this for me?"

Not what I expected to see.

uhh....

hm...

I don't have anything else to say...

Look! It's Elvis! Hey, King!

Runs and hides

Keith "wasting his time and yours" Curtis