How to make this power, Shadow Dagger

Reln

Ok I know the basics for how to build this but there are a few spacific things i need a hand with.

I have a character who can form Shadow Daggers (basicly dagger of negitive energy) he can use them for melle or throw them. Here is the catch it takes endurance to from the dagger but not to use it or throw it, other then STR, like a real weapon, it can be disarmed then he would have to form another, after he throws it he has to form another.

I originaly built this as a Multipower, then started thinking how they build daggers in FH, they just make a HKA can be thrown. Also would this have the focus disadvantage?

Ok i think that is all, lets see what you come up with.

PS: I'm looking for about 3 Dice of Killing Damage, the character has a 15 STR.

Shadow Dagger

3d6 RKA (thrown dagger version of power) [4 endurance to create]

This is not truely a focus, as it cannot be picked up and used against you,

instead try some version of ; Restrainable (-1/4 Lim) [FRED p 200]

to simulate that it can be disarmed.

As an RKA can also be used at point blank range , ie HTH combat, you

just add -> costs 0 Endurance (only when used in HTH combat) and the

DAGGER will remain in your hand until "disarmed" , after paying 4 endurance

to create it in the first place.

Re: How to make this power, Shadow Dagger

2d6 hka +

naked advantage Ranged on hka: 1 rec charge, range based on strength.

This creates a power that uses strength endurance, but not extra endurance when you throw it. The recoverable aspect of it means that it takes a 1/2 phase to form a new one if you throw it. I would not give it a focus limitation.

Ok I know the basics for how to build this but there are a few spacific things i need a hand with.

I have a character who can form Shadow Daggers (basicly dagger of negitive energy) he can use them for melle or throw them. Here is the catch it takes endurance to from the dagger but not to use it or throw it, other then STR, like a real weapon, it can be disarmed then he would have to form another, after he throws it he has to form another.

I originaly built this as a Multipower, then started thinking how they build daggers in FH, they just make a HKA can be thrown. Also would this have the focus disadvantage?

Ok i think that is all, lets see what you come up with.

PS: I'm looking for about 3 Dice of Killing Damage, the character has a 15 STR.

For the endurance cost to create but not to use, I think that would be worth about +1/4, because 0 END is +1/2 and Costs Endurance to Activate is -1/4. To make the knife throwable, you could use a naked advantage as JJR suggested, or an RKA slot in a multipower with 1 Recoverable Charge and Lockout -1/2 (cannot use other powers until charge is recovered). The rules FAQ suggests doing it with a naked advantage and Fantasy Hero suggests doing it with a Multipower.

Here's my take, based on what you asked for:

Shadow Dagger: 3d6 HKA (up to 4d6 w/STR), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Range based on STR (-1/4), Costs END one time to create dagger (-1/4), Character still pays END for STR (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/4). Total cost: 45 points. END 0(1), 4 to create.

I won't presume to decide whether or not this is a Focus until you clarify a few thngs for us:

Is it an actual item that could be stolen?

Do these daggers disappear once he is unconscious?

From your description, if one is taken from him he can just form another. Is this true?

What happens when he throws them? Do they stay around or disappear in a puff of negative energy?

I think it definitely qualifies for Restrainable, but I'm unsure if it goes up to the level of Focus without the above questions answered.

Shadow Dagger: 3d6 HKA (up to 4d6 w/STR), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Range based on STR (-1/4), Costs END one time to create dagger (-1/4), Character still pays END for STR (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/4). Total cost: 45 points. END 0(1), 4 to create.

The problem with this is that there's no charges or anything to make the dagger unavailible after it is thrown. As written, you can throw each dagger you create an unlimited number of times without having to recreate it.

HKA 2 1/2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (vs. ED), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate[7] (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4)

This was the build i had when i started questioning things. The Physical Manifestation is from UTIL wich i don't have but the description in Hero Designer seems to fit, anyone with UTIL help me out here.

Any other input is welcome.

The problem with this is that there's no charges or anything to make the dagger unavailible after it is thrown. As written' date=' you can throw each dagger you create an unlimited number of times without having to recreate it.[/quote']

I can see how it might be interpreted that way...I just sort of lean on special effect to say, 'It's thrown, therefore it's unavailable. Create a new one.' However, this is easy to fix, with my friend the Limited Power.

Shadow Dagger: 3d6 HKA (up to 4d6 w/STR), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Range based on STR (-1/4), Costs END one time to create dagger (-1/4), Character still pays END for STR (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/4), Can be used for melee indefinitely, but must be created again once thrown (-0). Total cost: 45 points. END 0(1), 4 to create.

Give it a (-1/4) if you want, but it don't try to add anything of the level of a single Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4). Recoverable Charges are something you ordinarily recover after the end of combat (ie. Sweeping up the special dust you use to blind your opponent, or picking up the unbroken arrows). This character can recover his dagger by expending a little END. It's like saying that Thor throwing his hammer is a Recoverable Charge.

Again, this is my take. I think it accomplishes what Reln was asking for, but it's his or his GM's call.

HKA 2 1/2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (vs. ED)' date=' Range Based On STR (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate[7'] (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), No Knockback (-1/4)

This was the build i had when i started questioning things. The Physical Manifestation is from UTIL wich i don't have but the description in Hero Designer seems to fit, anyone with UTIL help me out here.

Any other input is welcome.

Ah, I see. You want 3d6 with STR. My bad. I also notice my END calculation is probably off (Ranged Advantage adds to the creation END). A little rework...

Shadow Dagger: 2d6 HKA (up to 3d6 w/STR), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Range based on STR (-1/4), Costs END to create dagger (4 END; -1/4), Character still pays END for STR (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/4), Can be used for melee indefinitely, but must be created again once thrown (-0). Total cost: 30 points. END 0(1), 4 to create.

...and I think that does it.

EDIT: If you have your heart set on Penetrating, the power goes up to 75 Active Points, and the Total Cost raises to 37 points.

Shadow Dagger: 2d6 HKA (up to 3d6 w/STR), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Range based on STR (-1/4), Costs END to create dagger (4 END; -1/4), Character still pays END for STR (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/4), Can be used for melee indefinitely, but must be created again once thrown (-0). Total cost: 30 points. END 0(1), 4 to create.

That looks good, but as far as I know, you already always have to pay endurance for the damage you add with strength. I think you don't need the "Character still pays END for STR" limitation.