Achoo . . ..

LordGhee

Re: Achoo . . ..

Flash was exactly what I was thinking as I waited for the thread to load. A similarly weak Entangle, with the appropriate modifiers, might also be useful to deal with the physical distraction too. Just link the two, et voila. ;)

PS. Cool avatar there Lord Ghee. Groo the Wanderer, hehe. Memories, sigh...

Thanks for the reply and commit!

Notice your avatar, nice and discription. Knights of the Dinner Table comic has a story line where one of the players gets a hold of an evil sword. The GM brings in anther GM who plays the Evil Sword. Funny see the Kenzer and company (Hackmaster site) comics section.

But a Sneeze, make the target sneeze.

Lord Ghee

OK, here's more fleshed out version of my suggestion:

1d6 Flash v. Sight group 5pts

Adders

• Normal hearing +3

• Smell/taste group +5

Total= 13pts

1d6 Entangle 10pts

Advantages

• takes no damage +1/2

• no teleport escape +1/4

• affects desolid (all special effects) +1/2

1/4=
22pts

Limitations

• no DEF -1 1/2

• DNPU accessible foci -1

• BOD must be <= Flash BOD (excess lost) -1/4

• no barriers -1/4

• Linked to Flash -1/4

1/4=
5pts

Total cost of Sneeze spell= 23pts

The idea of the Entangle is that it's one thing to block someone's senses, but that still leaves the victim able to act normally while the flash lasts (a maximum of 2 segments, ie. one third of a phase for a normal human). So the entangle represents the sneeze's brief convulsions more fully. You could add an instant EGO roll escape too if you wanted. Note also that I have just handled the basic effects, and not bothered including the limitations specific to it being a spell. You'll have your own idea of those for your own game no doubt LordGhee. And that's about it. Hope this helps. ;)

Would it necessarily Affect Desolidified? I mean' date=' can a spell make ghosts sneeze? Just a thought, maybe it can.[/quote']It can go either way. A spell with some kind of physical component might not affect desolid due to special effect, and that's only one example. The opposite would be as easy to rationalise due to different special effects. Also, Flash affects desolid as standard, and I decided not to buy that off as a disadvantage. So that meant making the entangle bit the same. That was all there was to it when I left that in in the first place. ;)

Jm you are my Hero (for a moment at least) the entangle aspect was what was throwing me.

I did think of the old cantrip but in my new Fanasty Hero game an spy used a pepper attack on a player (flash).

Defanetly on track need to put in where a player can stop himself (old finger under the noise gag).

Thanks for the Help

Lord Ghee

If it is a ward it will also need an area effect and a trigger modifier, wont it?

If the primary use of it is to act as an audible alarm that warns of someone trying to approach by stealth, I would dispense with the flash/entangle, and write it up as a change environment that makes stealthy approach very difficult. (Special Effect, crossing the border of the CE makes one sneeze rather violently. Appropriate Life Support (No Need to Breathe) makes one immune to the effect)

Change Environment :

(25) 16" radius

(15) -5 to Stealth checks

Then just toss a sufficiently long continuing charge on it, or 0 END/Uncontrolled, and you're set to go.

If it is a ward it will also need an area effect and a trigger modifier' date=' wont it?[/quote']Yes it will. I left all that stuff out for LordGhee to figure out according to his own rules for magic.

If the primary use of it is to act as an audible alarm that warns of someone trying to approach by stealth, I would dispense with the flash/entangle, and write it up as a change environment that makes stealthy approach very difficult. (Special Effect, crossing the border of the CE makes one sneeze rather violently. Appropriate Life Support (No Need to Breathe) makes one immune to the effect)

Change Environment :

(25) 16" radius

(15) -5 to Stealth checks

Then just toss a sufficiently long continuing charge on it, or 0 END/Uncontrolled, and you're set to go.

You are quite right about the idea of the alarm Outsider. I was designing a small spell that would inconvenience someone slightly in combat, but there's no reason why you couldn't combine them all into one spell if you wanted. The different effects aren't incompatible. ;)