Help with a Villain Name - Laser Tag?

KA.

Hey everybody,

Once again I am calling on the community for help.

I have been working for quite a while on a website for my campaign world.

One of the things I am doing is trying to make sure that I do not use any material that belongs to DOJ.

I have a replacement for Viper, and have made some other changes, but now I am stuck.

One of my heroes is Hunted by Lazer.

But now I need to have someone who has similar powers to Lazer, but a different name and background.

The background I already have an idea for:

If any of you have ever played Laser Tag, I am sure you are aware that, much like Paint Ball, there are people who seem to do nothing but practice it.

They live to humiliate new players, and tend to act like swaggering jerks.

(I am not characterizing all Paint Ball/Lazer Tag players this way, but I am sure you have seen the type.)

So, what if one of the very worst of these actually got ahold of a real laser gun, and decided to turn to crime. I think the evil "jock" personality could work out really well.

But I need a name!

"Lazer Tag" is a little too obvious, and I want something a little more menacing (and not copyrighted;)).

(More like "The Trapster" than "Paste Pot Pete" for those whose memory goes back that far.)

Okay, the floor is open.

Thanks in advance,

KA.

Re: Help with a Villain Name - Laser Tag?

Sharpshooter

L-X (Short for the pretentious "Laser eXtreme!") :)

Thanks, Hermit.

I like "L-X", I may end up going with that.

I just thought of "DeathLight" but it doesn't exactly have the right "feel".

Anyone else?

KA.

So, what if one of the very worst of these actually got ahold of a real laser gun, and decided to turn to crime. I think the evil "jock" personality could work out really well.

But I need a name!

Okay, the floor is open.

Well, it sounds like you've been given some good names that are specific to the laser aspect. However, if you don't want the name to necessarily reflect the power, but the attitude, I have two that you could use. I've had these names ready for quite some time, but never made a villain for them.

Mr. Meaner

Miss Demeaner, or Miss Demeanor or (if she's British) Miss Demeanour.

These are play on words from misdemeanor, of course. Though, I do like the original offers also.

I really like L-X, Hermit. Great suggestion.

Zap might work, too. Like Lazer, it has the distinction of being an American Gladiators name, and has an air of super jock attitude.

beauxdeigh,

Zap is really good!

I want to get all the input I can, but I am seriously considering it, along with L-X.

KA.

beauxdeigh,

Zap is really good!

I want to get all the input I can, but I am seriously considering it, along with L-X.

KA.

I'd have the guy start out with L-X or Zap and cycle through a few names (and get annoyed when people can't keep track of which is his current name) as he is encountered before he settles back on L-X or Zap. Sounds like the kind of thing a guy like this would do.

http://www.dictionary.com

I put laser into the thesarus then came up with dartle as one of the choices.

dartle

\Dar"tle\, v. t. & i. To pierce or shoot through; to dart repeatedly: -- frequentative of dart.

You could call him Dart.

Photon.

Give him three eyes then call him Triclops. ;)