College Roommates From Hell!!!

Mutant for Hire

(the !!! are a sign of quality)

College Roommates from Hell is a hilariously funny webcomic. Originally it was a screwball comic about three guys who lived next door to three girls and was straight romantic comedy. Later on in the storyline, the guys got mutated (not in a particularly heroic fashion) and it turned out one of the girls had the special attention of a dark power. The story has now become something of a bargain basement superheroic campaign, albeit without the capes and spandex (other than the time they all got dosed with blue mushrooms and started hallucinating). Highly recommended for being hilariously funny at times and by the seat of your pants in others.

Anyway, over on the CRFH!!! forums someone tried to create David Jones, who bears more than a little resemblence to Cyclops, in HERO terms. I went in and decided to try to rebuild the character more precisely. I may do the other characters in time as well, though some of them are a little hard to define.

Re: College Roommates From Hell!!!

Man that is just the weirdest! I read it all night friday night. Who'd have thought Mike's mom would be an evil supervillain.

I skipped around a bid. Did David and Gun Girl hook up or break up?

I got as far as the Date they went on where he met and punched satan.

Re: College Roomies From Hell!!!

Man that is just the weirdest! I read it all night friday night. Who'd have thought Mike's mom would be an evil supervillain.

I skipped around a bid. Did David and Gun Girl hook up or break up?

I got as far as the Date they went on where he met and punched satan.

Well, Chester the telepathic cat really enjoyed whatever it was that happened between Margaret and Dave.

There seems to be a prevaling trend in Webcomics towards college-age kids and superweirdness: the aforementioned CRFH!!!, T Campbell's FAANS!, It's Walky! (nee Roomies), Sluggy Freelance, Alice: the Summer Years (which is coming soon, according to the author/artist), and to a lesser extent, the gamer comics of Dork Tower and PVP. It's getting to be a genre all to itself!

Re: College Roommates From Hell!!!

The short answer is that Dave is in love with Margaret and she has feelings in return but believes that the safest thing for her to do is clear out of Dave's life, given what happens to anyone who gets close to her.

After the Misery Journey storyline, where the characters start developing weird mutations, I'd strongly suggest reading more or less straight through.

Oh yes, and here is one of the characters done in HERO rules:

David Jones

Characteristics (value characteristic cost)

11 STR 1

13 DEX 9

20 CON 20

15 BOD 10

13 INT 3

15 EGO 10

8 PRE -2

16 COM 3

2 PD 0

2 ED 0

3 SPD 7

6 REC 0

36 END 0

29 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 61

Skills (cost skill roll)

1 Animal Handling 8- (1)

1 Breakfall 8- (1)

3 Cramming 12-

2 SS: Math 11-

2 SS: Chemistry 11-

10 CSL (Eyebeams): +5

6 PSL (Eyebeams): +4

7 Power 14-

Total Cost For Skills: 32 points

Powers (cost power modifiers)

Multipower: Eyebeams

24 Multipower Reserve, 30 base points, Restrainable (-1/4)

5 Kinetic Beam: 6d6 EB vs ED

5 Blinding Beam: 6d6 Flash versus Sight

5 Cutting Beam: RKA 2d6 vs ED

5 Thermal Beam: Change Environment +9 temperature steps

3 Mind Link (Chester), Psychic Bond (+5 adder), Emotions only (-1), Feedback, STUN Only (-1)

Total Cost for Powers: 47 points

Disadvantages

15 Dependent NPC: Chester, Incompetant, Infrequently 8-

15 Watched: The Dragon 8- (more powerful, extensive NCI, PC easy to find, watched)

25 Hunted: Satan 11- (more powerful, extensive NCI, PC easy to find)

15 Psych Lim: In Love with Margaret 15 (common, strong)

10 Psych Lim: Feelings for Blue (uncommon, strong)

15 Psych Lim: Spaces out when confronted by scantily clad/naked gorgeous women (uncommon, total)

15 Psych Lim: Bee Phobia (uncommon, total)

10 Susceptibility: Drain BODY 1d6/minute of untreated bee sting, x2 BODY before STUN

Total Cost for Disadvantages: Depends on max disads per category

Re: College Roomies From Hell!!!

There seems to be a prevaling trend in Webcomics towards college-age kids and superweirdness: the aforementioned CRFH!!!, T Campbell's FAANS!, It's Walky! (nee Roomies), Sluggy Freelance, Alice: the Summer Years (which is coming soon, according to the author/artist), and to a lesser extent, the gamer comics of Dork Tower and PVP. It's getting to be a genre all to itself!

So now we just need another HERO supplement: College HERO :D