Mixed Power-Level Campaign Update

Supreme

Just to keep you all up to speed...

To recap: I told my players to make chatacters with different power levels.

The 200 point character level dictates that the character cannot be especially effective in combat, but has all kinds of abilities and skills which are useful for advancing the plot out of combat. The 500 point character is expected to be the combat monster, no real useful non-combat abilities. The 300 point character stands between the two. He (or she in this case) has a reasonable amount of both combat and non-combat abilities.

What my players created:

Dr. Claw is a 200 point scientist who had his left hand mutated into a scaly green claw in a lab accident. His most frequent gadget is a visor which gives him various enhanced senses.

Kir is a 300 point alien brick. Kir comes from a race of hunter-gatherers who shunned her for being too small (a mere 8 feet tall). She was transported here from another dimension, and in the process had her strength increased to 75. Kir is definitely a fish out of water, but brings with her a lot of hunting skills and instincts.

Ice Queen is a 500 point energy projector who is the daughter of Aphrodite and an Antarctic explorer. She was born fully grown in the ice from Aphrodite and subsequently developed all kinds of ice powers.

I ran another session and things seemed to go all right. More or less. The main trick has been to keep everything from centering too much on Dr. Claw. A lot of that is incomplete plotting on my part. I think the other players have the mistaken impression that when they're out of combat there's nothing for them to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...