Power Suggestions

Blue

Dr. Meridian

And here is his arch enemy. I used a more armored look (Like winterhawk's example) and more gray in this one.

I may make changes to him later. I think I need to either make him look older (like her really would be) or younger (like he's rejuvenated back to the era of Captain Video).

I have just read this thread and I think Blue's latest costume design is great. I love the Hal Jordan/Reed Richards grey hair.

What sort of powers does Dr Meridian have? Does he have any followers?

My guess would be that he has magnetic powers, as the meridian passes through both poles of the planet.

Magnetic powers would be suitable for the 50's as they would be "invisible" and could be simulated by moving things round on wires. That doesn't necessarily mean he needs Invisible Power Effects, though.

Perhaps ordinary police were ineffective against Dr. Meridian because he could deflect their bullets (yes, I know that they aren't ACTUALLY ferrous, but this is 50's tv) and then take their guns away (like Magneto in the X-Men movie, but on a much smaller budget).

He could have "Magna-Vision" which lets him see through metals as though they are translucent. That might not sound like much, but it makes him a great safe breaker.

Don't forget blasts of "Magnetic Energy".

As "meridian" can also refer to a high point in the heavens, I think flight is also appropriate and it could tie in with his magnetism powers. Perhaps Monochrome can't fly until he recovers his cape. That would be why Meridian keeps it - he can take to the skies to escape his nemesis.

Sorry if I have gone way off here; you'll probably say Dr Meridian has super strength or something.:)

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

I have just read this thread and I think Blue's latest costume design is great. I love the Hal Jordan/Reed Richards grey hair.

Thanks!

What sort of powers does Dr Meridian have? Does he have any followers?

My guess would be that he has magnetic powers, as the meridian passes through both poles of the planet.

Exactly! Yes, I thought he'd wind up whipping those guns right out of the cops hands. As for followers, I think he may have a few generic thugs, though there could be some real comedy involved with him being stuck in a 50's frame of mind and them wanting to do things the modern way.

He could have "Magna-Vision" which lets him see through metals as though they are translucent. That might not sound like much, but it makes him a great safe breaker.

Nice suggestion. That's a real possibility.

I figured the cape did give Captain Video flight, which Dr. Meridian now has.