Jovian Chronicles HERO

Nero's Boot

Being a HUGE Jovian Chronicles fan, as well as a huge supporter of all things SilCORE, I've begun to wonder if anyone has done either a generic SilCORE-to-HERO conversion, or more specifically, has done a JC conversion for the HERO system.

--a fan of both Silhoutte CORE and HERO NB

Re: Jovian Chronicles HERO

I don’t have anything, but some suggestions…

Star Hero, the Spacer's Toolkit, and Alien Wars will help the concepts/conversions. AW is the harder sci-fi setting stuff for HERO and may have some good equivalencies.

Another piece of advice. When converting stuff from (blah blah blah) to HERO don't let those other game designer's neurosis cloud your good HERO gaming goodness. You are going to witness piles of weird "balance" things and allocations and who knows what. HERO is smart. Don't pigeon hole it too much, especially when you are looking for in-game constraints. Capture the setting and feel and then emulate, do not expect perfect copies. Besides, the HERO system works better than (blah blah blah) system anyways. It is difficult to emulate grilled cheese with fillet mignon.

Reason from effect is the coolest idea in the universe. Let the rules facilitate a great story and a great game. Don’t get trapped into defining everything with a number and a dice roll. I am going to do a conversion for something, depending on what my game group decides. But it is not JC. Good luck. If you do run a HERO JC game and make some easy conversion notes, you might consider sharing them here for HEROdom to share.

Just my two cents…

Re: Jovian Chronicles HERO

I have a slew of JC books, but I've never had a chance to play it! I liked the setting though. I had some conversions, but they're far away, on my PC at school.

I can recomend the Ultimate Vehicle sourcebook. It has a small section on Giant Robot Vehicles, and another on Starcraft. It wouldn't be too difficult to emulate the things in the game with HERO rules. The main conversion problem I see would be with converting skill and attack rolls. The two systems just work so differently!