Partial Body Density

Asperion

There is a character that I was wondering how to make up. The basic concept is that said character is able to control density. The simple parts are either stopping someone by making them too heavy to move (entangle) or so light that they literly be blown away (flight UBO). Here is the part that is giving me trouble. How can he increase the density of only a part of someone? Lets say someone is getting ready to punch him and he only wants to increase the density of that one hand.

Re: Partial Body Density

I would ascribe a +1/2adv to density increase if it was UAO but did not give str (-1/2 lim if self only ). The target has to deal with the effects of being so heavy, use encumberance rules, or gauge effect from str of opponent.

this power was possed by some fat Hellfire guy offed by wolverine in the phoenix saga.

Re: Partial Body Density

It's a matter of effect. For example, if you're increasing the density of someone's hand so they'll do more damage, you're giving an Aid to HA. If you're increasing the density of someone's hand so they'll have a harder time hitting you, that's penalty skill levels.

Other examples: increase the density of someone's feet and you're essentially draining SPD (or maybe Running). Increasing the density of someone's extremeties (nothing major, just a bit), might be an END drain since it's now harder for those people to move their arms and legs.

The increased density would be a special effect in my mind, not the power used to construct it.