The City State returns....

HeroGM

For those who are intrested White Wolf is re-releasing the City State of the Invicible OverLord. It'll be out Oct 4th @ a cost of $35

Ok, for those out of the loop or too young to remember. The City State was to cities what Tomb of Horrors is to dungeons...um..ok...maybe that's wrong. Think New York City transplanted to a Fantasy setting. Anything you want you can find in this town and there is enough going on that anything you want to plan is workable. Temples to almost any diety you can think of (even possible underground shrines to outlawed ones), Theives Guilds vying for control, and enough flea markets your pickpocket will sigh like a giddy lil school girl looking at the latest boyband's poster.

That's what it was. What WW's plan for it is, I have no idea. It is a D20/DnD3.5 writeup. I'm not advocating playing D20, not going there, if it's anything like the original though it should make an excelent sourcebook.

Re: The City State returns....

this is the 3rd or 4th edition IIRC, Judges Guild, then Mayfair, and now WW

while most of the old Judges Guild stuff wasnt that great, the city state modules were pretty good. somewhere I still have my original copy of the JG version.

some of the JG stuff has seen reprinting over the years

Tegel Manor and Dark Tower I know