Supermage Sanctum Suggestion Request

OddHat

I'm trying to build a stronghold for a new 350 point Mysic World Supermage, and I'm stuck. I have 100 points to build the base with. My first plan was to place the thing in Babylon, but looking at the Base template in Hero designer it looks like that would cost 140 points without even puting anything inside of the place (Location: City; Location Easily-defended location, Modifier Another Dimension, Resources/Condition Extremely developed/inhabited or very good resources).

Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Re: Supermage Sanctum Suggestion Request

You could try building the sanctum with a gate to Babylon (EDM movement, only to one dimension). This way you can get there without having to build there. This is assuming that your motivation is to be able to get to Babylon. If you're looking for ways to get the base out of the way, there are other ideas available.

You could try building the sanctum with a gate to Babylon (EDM movement' date=' only to one dimension). This way you can get there without having to build there. This is assuming that your motivation is to be able to get to Babylon. If you're looking for ways to get the base out of the way, there are other ideas available.[/quote']

Thanks, it's not a bad choice. A "House of a Thousand Doors" effect would be fairly cheap (doors to any dimension, any location). Mostly I'm trying for an Urban Fantasy feel for the character, and a house in the ultimate Urban Fantasy setting seemed like it fit. I think that maybe the 100 point "Extrmemely advanced or populated" option is only needed if the base itself is heavily populated, and that saves a good chunk of points.

Thanks' date=' it's not a bad choice. A "House of a Thousand Doors" effect would be fairly cheap (doors to any dimension, any location). Mostly I'm trying for an Urban Fantasy feel for the character, and a house in the ultimate Urban Fantasy setting seemed like it fit. I think that maybe the 100 point "Extrmemely advanced or populated" option is only needed if the base itself is heavily populated, and that saves a good chunk of points.[/quote']

Is the game actually going to be set in Babylon? If it is, than you don't need all those modifiers.

Caris:

Is the game actually going to be set in Babylon? If it is, than you don't need all those modifiers.

Nope. It will be using Mystic World, Arane Adversaries and Demon, but set in Millenium City. At the minmum I'm stuck with the 30 point Extra-Dimensional mod, but I can live with that. It's the 100 point Useful Resources thing that's the real killer. Couldn't find a ruling on it in FRED, so I'll check the FAQs.

LL, thanks. :)

Any feedback on this 100 point sanctum would be appreciated:

HOUSE OF CRYSTAL

Val Char Cost Notes

5 Size 10 Length 12.70", Width 6.35", Area 80.63" DCV -7

2 BODY 0

8 DEF 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 10

Cost Powers END

14 +6 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (36 Active Points); IIF Immobile Fragile (Blessed Amulets placed in each door and window frame; -1 1/2)

10 Magically Locked : Lockpicking 20- (25 Active Points); IIF Immobile Fragile (Blessed Amulets; -1 1/2) Note: The same wards that keep the house safe from magical attack also resist mundane attempts to intrude.

12 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) (31 Active Points); IIF Immobile Fragile (Blessed Amulets placed in door and window frames; -1 1/2) 15- Note: If any person or creature should attempt to enter the house with hostile intent or to disable the amulets, the nearest amulet will scream.

10 Cystal Skull: +6 with a group of similar Skills (30 Active Points); OAF Immobile Unbreakable (Talking Crystal Skull in Library; -2) Note: The Crystal Skull may offer advice and guidance on any issue relating to the books stored on the shelves of "his" library. The mage must still do the actual research himself.

2 Everful Cold Box: Life Support (Eating Character does not eat; Sleeping Character does not sleep) (6 Active Points); OAF Immobile (Large Coldbox; -2) Note: The Everful Cold Box has endless suplies of fine foods and drinks, and these foods are so nourishing that those that taste of them need not sleep. This magically charged food will vanish if taken outside of the house. 0

Perks

30 Location: City of Babylon; Location Average location, Modifier Another Dimension

Skills

3 Scholar Note: The house boasts an exceptional library and lab facilities.

1 1) KS (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Babylon (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) KS: Chinese Healing (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) KS: Demonology (2 Active Points) 11-

1 6) KS: Edomite Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7) KS: History (2 Active Points) 11-

1 8) KS: Legends And Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

1 9) KS: The Mystic World (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 90

Total Cost: 100

Total Disadvantage Points: 100