Character Posting Challenge: Iconic Heroes

astralfrontier

Are you bored? Have a neat concept you want to share with the world? Feel like seeing your name in lights? Okay, I can't help with that last one.

I am looking for "iconic heroes" - the guardians of civilization, the supers of the 21st century that anyone can depend on. Think "Superman" here - not in powers, but in how people see him. This is for a game I've been working on for awhile, and I'm interested in seeing what people come up with.

The rules: their powers must be something that some non-godlike future science could conceivably tinker with, so no overtly mystical special effects. Their personalities can be complex but not TOO deep. They may not have dependents, secret identities, or other "ordinary-joe" disadvantages - for Disad purposes, they have only their super-identity. Rivalries or enemies are fine (use the Champions Universe people and groups if it comes down to it). Gadgeteers or techno-guys are fine as long as they don't whip things up in the field but must go to home base first. Finally, no telepaths or astral projectors, although other apparently psionic gifts are fine.

Ask me if anyone is curious about the reasoning behind these limits, but I think this alone is enough. If this sounds interesting, and you have a concept kicking around that you don't mind sharing, please post!

Re: Character Posting Challenge: Iconic Heroes

Sorry, feeling smirky today.

Others could express it more eloquently and accurately than I, but an Iconic Hero is like a living symbol (usually of justice, truth, whatever virtue you prefer). They are idolized to a large degree, and seem to be more than simply human, not in powers, but in their connection to the universe. They stir something.

Hard to explain right now.

Re: Character Posting Challenge: Iconic Heroes

Yep - in this case it refers to heroes that the public, civic society, and so forth can all look up to and rely upon. The people who fight for "truth, justice, and the American way". While the characters I'm looking for may not necessarily be paladins of righteousness, they should all be reliable standards for heroism.