Character for Comment: Dragon Knight

Corven_Ren

Here is a character I recently submitted to the Majestic Campaign in Worldmakers Global Guardians PBEM Universe. And Before anyone comments on it the Social Limitation: Smoker is completely legitamate in their campaigns.

Dragon Knight

Player Name: Chad McMinis

Height: 5'11" Wgt: 175 lbs. Hair:Black Eyes: Black

Birthdate May 17, 1983 Nationality: Chineese-English Birthplace: Hong Kong

Characteristics

Total Char Base Cost

30/10 STR 10 0

30/10 DEX 10 0

20/10 CON 10 0

20/10 BOD 10 0

23 INT 10 13

10 EGO 10 0

25/10 PRE 10 0

10 COM 10 0

32/2 PD 2 0

32/2 ED 2 0

5/3 SPD 2 10

14/4 REC 4 0

20 END 20 0

50/20 STN 20 0

Total Characteristic Cost 23

Rolls

OCV: 10 STR: 15- DEX 15-

DCV: 10 INT: 14- PER: 14-

ECV: 3 EGO: 11-

Phases: 3,5,8,10,12 Defenses: 32PD/32ED Resistant Defeneses: 30PD/30ED

Skills

Cost Skill

3 Electronics 14-

3 Inventor 14-

3 KS: Dragon Knight Armor 14-

2 KS: Fantasy Novels & Authors

4 Language: Mandarin, Completely Fluent, Literate

2 Majestic Package

5 1) Computer Link MI5 Database

5 2) Fringe Benefit: Immune from Prosecution

-15 3) Hunted by Bastille 8-

-15 4) Hunted by IRA 8-

2 5) KS: British Royal Family

2 6) KS: MI5 History

2 7) KS: Majestic History

1 8) Team Base Donation

6 9) Team Vehicle Donation

3 Mechanics 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

2 System Opperations (Communication Systems) 14-

3 Weaponsmithing: Powered Armor

28 Total Skill Cost

Powers

Cost Powers

60 Dragon Knight Weapon System: Multi-Power (60 Pt Reserve);All Slots Reduced End: 0 END (+1/2); 90 Active pts

Battlesuit (-1/2)

4u 1) Palm Flamethrower: Energy Blast 12D6 (60 Active Points)

3u 2) Bola Launcher: Entangle 4D6; Backlash (+1/2) 60 Active Points; 3 Recoverable Charges (-3/4)

4u 3) Clawed Gauntlets I: Killing Attack H-H; 2 1/2D6 (4D6 w/STR) 60 Active Points

30 Dragon Knight Mobility Systems: Multi-Power (30 pt Reserve); All Slots Reduced End: 0 END (+1/2); 45 Active pts

Battlesuit (-1/2)

2u 1) Jet Boots : Flight 15" (30 Active Pts)

1u 2) Propulsion Jets: Swimming 15" (15 Active Pts)

2u 3) Clawed Gauntlets II: Tunneling 6' through 6 DEF (30 Active pts)

Dragon Knight Enhancement & Defense Systems

10 +20 STR (20 Active pts) No Figured Char (-1/2); Battlesuit (-1/2)

30 +20 DEX (60 Active pts) No Figured Char (-1/2); Battlesuit (-1/2)

10 +10 CON (20 Active pts) No Figured Char (-1/2); Battlesuit (-1/2)

10 +10 BODY (20 Active pts) No Figured Cha (-1/2); Battlesuit (-1/2)

10 +15 PRE (15 Active pts); Battlesuit (-1/2)

20 +30 PD (30 Active pts); Battlesuit (-1/2)

20 +30 ED (30 Active pts); Battlesuit (-1/2)

10 +2 SPD (20 Active pts); Battlesuit (-1/2)

13 +10 REC (20 Active pts); Battlesuit( -1/2)

20 +30 STUN (30 Active pts)

10 Damage Resistance 30 PD & 30 ED (30 Active pts); Battlesuit (-1/2)

13 Sealed System: Life Support: Self Contained Breathing, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vaccuum; Safe in Zero Gravity (20 Active pts)

7 Polarized Eye Shields: Sight Group Flash Defense 10pts (10 Active pts)

299 Total Power Cost

Disadvantages

Cost Disadvantage

25 DNPC Normal 8- (Unaware of Charcter's adventuring career/secret ID) Group DNPC x4;

Jacob (brother 17), Sarah (sister 15), Ezekiel & Esther (Fraternal grandparents 84 & 81 respectively)

20 Physical Lim: Normal Char Maxima

10 Physical Lim: Nearsighted (Infrequentl;y, Greatly)

10 Psych Lim: Must Help Those in Need (Common,Moderate)

20 Psych Lim: Will Not Kill

20 Psych Lim: Wont Allow bystanders to Come to Harm

15 Social Lim: Secret Identity (Isaiah Davenport)

10 Social Lim: Smoker

10 Vulnerability: 2x STUN from Gravity Attacks

10 Vulnerabilty: 2x Body from Gravity Attacks

150 Total Disadvantage Points

299 Total Power Cost

28 Total Skill Cost

23 Total Ability Cost

350 Total Points = 200 pt base + 150 pts Disadvantages

Origin

Isaiah Davenport was born in Hong Kong the son of Joshua and Mei-Ling Davenport. He and his parents live in Hong Kong until he was 5 years old when his father's business returned him and his family to London. Isaiah took to electronics and mechanics from an early age and at 7 he took apart his fathers computer and put it back together. He aced all his classes in school and in his spare time read electronics journals, mechanics journals and fantasy novels. As he grew he took little interest in physical activites but watched and studied and admired the various heroes around the world. When he turned 14, inspired by his love of superheroes and fantasy novels, he began rough sketches and plans for his own super powered armor that looked like the combining of man, dragon and machine. But it was only a fantasy and he never actually intended on building it. Over the next several years he tweaked and altered the blueprints and at 17 he finally deemed them done and called it the Dragon Knight. The day after is 18th birthday his parents went for an outing in Hyde Park while he watched his younger siblings. They were watching the television when the program was interuppted for a news update. According to the report several new villains had attacked civilians in Hyde Park and were now locked in battle with Majestic. As he and his family watched the televised battle, his worst fear came into being. One of the villains, obviouslly wearing powered armor, fired a balst from gauntlets at one of the heroes, who dodged the blast...unfortunatly not far behind the hero was Isaiah parents. The blast enveloped his parents and their bodies crumpled to the ground. Tears streemed down Isaiah face and he ran up to his room and pulled out his blueprints. it was there and then he decided to build his battlesuit and help fight evil. He was relieved to see on the news later that all of the villains had been captured. When he woke the next day, he left his house early, heading towards a scrap yard to look for parts he would need to build his armor. As he was searching through the piles of scrap metals he found a trap door, hidden in the burned out shell of a double decker bus. His curiosity roused he opened the door and followed a set of metal rung stairs down into a sewer like passage. He followed the passage down to a large metal door with an electronic key pad. It took Isaiah a mere 5 minutes to crack the code and the door swung open. As soon as he walked through the door, Isaiah's jaw dropped. There standing before him was a battlesuit, in fact the very battlesuit worn by the villain who killed his paretns. Looking it over he quickly knew he could easly alter it to fit his designs. He quickly left the secret lab and decided he would come back for the armor that night. At midnight, with Big Ben striking in the distance, Isaiah snuck into the scrap yard , down to the secret lab and put the armor on. He then grabbing as much lab equipment as he could carry, he found another secret exit and flew back to his home landing silently in his attic through the skylight. Over the next week he made several more trips to the secret lab beneeth the scrap yard to gather more equipment and spare parts as he altered the battlesuit to match his plans. He also attended his parents funeral and made a silent vow that he would protect the innocent. Three days later, Dragon Knight made his crime fighting debut, by foiling a bank robbery and saving the lives of several innnocent bystanders by shielding them behind the wings of his armor. Ever since then Dragon Knight has made quite a name for himself, as time after time he foiled crimes and saved lives. He has even aided Majestic on several occasions. In a recent interview Dragon Knight was asked by a reporter if he has considered becoming a member of Majestic. He replied with this answer. "Although I would not actively seek membership for myself, if I was approached and offered a position I would gladly accept. My only real goal since begining my crime fighting career is to protect the innocent."

Quote: "I don't consider myself a hero...I am just a man who believes in going out of his way to help his fellow man. If that makes me a hero..so be it"

Appearance: Isaiah is an average built man who normally dresses in jeans and a t-shirt. He wears this wire rimmed glasses and has long hair he keeps tied back in a pony-tail. Being the son of a caucasian and an oriental is obvious in his darker skin tone and the shape of his eyes. His Dragon Knight battleuit looks like the combing of a man, a dragon , and machine. Several people interviewed about him have said that his armor make him look more like a 'Demon Knight' than a 'Dragon Knight' but they prefer the name 'Dragon Knight'.

Personality: Isaiah is a quiet and reserved man. He has few friends and spends most of his free either keeping up on the latest technology or reading the latest fanatsy novels. He also enjoys role-playing games and helping his siblings with their school work.

Re: Character for Comment: Dragon Knight

Great concept- especially in that it's the same battlesuit that was used to kill his parents.

However, based on my hard experience, a character who gets all his powers from his armor (what my group calls 'Power Armor Man' or 'Focus-Man') ought to be in fairly decent shape without it- i.e. have at least a few physical stats above 10. It's one thing if the character is in someway disabled (like Dr. Blake in the original THOR) but in Champions terms most 'naked' PCs ought to at least be able to take on a VIPER Agent.

JG