Thinking of running my own PBEM Campaign

Corven_Ren

Ok I just want some feedback from my fellow gamers on this idea. Do you think it would be a fun campaign to play in. One other note, all of my campaign worlds feature both some Marvel and D.C. heroes.

Campaign History

January, 1991 after a couple of weeks of conflict in Desert Storm, Sadam Hussein launches nuclear armed war heads at key cities around the world. Hearing about the impending strike several of the world's heroes enter voulentary suspended animation at various locations throughout the world, hopin to help rebuild once awakened. The United States and Russia retaliate with nuclear strike of their own, What follows is the greatest destruction in the history of the world. Moscow, London, Paris, Berlin, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Washington D.C., Gotham City, Mexico City, Toronto, Quebec, and Ontario are all struck. Two missles strike Orlando and Cape Canveral, Florida at the same time the unique blast sinks half of the state. Iraq is completely obliterated by the conterstrikes. What happens next would change the free world forever. The remnants of the U.S. military seize control of the government and begin building weapons. Striking quickly before they could muster any strength, the U.S. Military invades Canada and after only one year have complete control of that country. After a mere three more years the U.S. military are in control of a land mass spanning from the northern most reaches of Canada all the way down to Panama. The new regime names its territory, The united North American Provinces and over the next 350 years, while rebuilding the destruction, tighten their grip on the citizens, and in their arrogance, thining that they were acting as the great hero would, build a statue of Captain America to replace the destroyed Statue of Liberty. The police of this new society are all cyborgs and very few are actually voulenteers. Killing an officer is an automatic death sentence and merely striking one will get you locked up and tortured. All attempts to overthrow the government have been completely quashed.

The characters will be the first in a new line of heroes who now oppose the government and are attempting to restore democracy to the country. Also as the game progresses severla of the sleeping heroes of the past will awaken and find the world they knew gone.

So people, what do you think, would you play in it?

Re: Thinking of running my own PBEM Campaign

Seems ok' date=' feels like dark setting though. Might make of a better Heroic or Dark Champions level game than a superhero game, but post apocolypse games are fun.[/quote']

Yes it is a little dark but as far as power levels go it would deffinetly need to be super heroic level. I have updated an old campaign a friend of mine and I co gm probably almost 10 years ago now. The normal grunt type cyborgs are about 350 pts. A seargent cyborg runs 425 pts.

Would players be known heroes' date=' new heroes or legacies of old heroes?[/quote']

They would be new heroes inspired to fight the Enforcers, as the police are called, by a hero named Fyredrake, the first to person actually to fight against them, and the most wanted man in New Los Angeles. Secret ID's will be required as will being hunted by the enforcers. When I have worked out all of the details I will post campaign requirements when I call for players.

Guest WhammeWhamme

They would be new heroes inspired to fight the Enforcers' date=' as the police are called, by a hero named Fyredrake, the first to person actually to fight against them, and the most wanted man in New Los Angeles. Secret ID's will be required as will being hunted by the enforcers. When I have worked out all of the details I will post campaign requirements when I call for players.[/quote']

Power levels?

Just a ballpark figure would be nifty.

the U.S. Military invades Canada and after only one year have complete control of that country.

It took a whole year to take over Canada?

I'm thinking more like a month, and that includes a weeks R&R on St. Catherine's Street in Montreal.

"Captain Higgans, look out! That Canadian has a really BIG snowball, and he doesn't look AS drunk as most of the others..."

It took a whole year to take over Canada?

I'm thinking more like a month, and that includes a weeks R&R on St. Catherine's Street in Montreal.

"Captain Higgans, look out! That Canadian has a really BIG snowball, and he doesn't look AS drunk as most of the others..."

Canada is HUGE. That's allot of space to cover and hold. The population is spread out so taking over the major population centers would be key, but there would be allot of territory to hide and form a resistance which, given Canadian feelings about the US would probably be fairly intense, IMO. A year is being positive.

Of course, you're probably kidding and I'm taking this way to seriously. :)

Power levels?

Just a ballpark figure would be nifty.

350 to 400 pts to start

Maximum active points for a power will probably be 75 to 90 ..still working on this

This is an update of a game me and a friend of mine ran still converting some of the old material. One other note in addition to the govt as opponents, there will still be normal and super powered criminals. I will also be making up a custom everyman skill list. If you want visual reference as far as atmosphere goes think Blade Runner/ Escape from New York.