Yet another "how would you..." question

Delthrien

I'm trying to simulate a creature of magical origin who can be struck by a clumsy non-combatant with a strong will as easily as a highly trained fighter.

The intent is that, when fighting such a creature, a strong will (EGO) counts as much (if not more) as a quick and steady hand (DEX). Would this best be done as a physical disadvantage or a limitiation of some kind on DEX... or both?

Charlie

Such a creature....

This seems the simplest way to achieve this effect;

Low dexterity, plus extra DCV levels with the Limitation[does not work versus those who have high EGO and low OCV]

Effect;

A clumsy oaf will be fighting against your full DCV

(Dexterity+DCV levels) and most likely miss, unless he has high Ego in which case he attacks at your base DCV (most likely hit)

A highly trained fighter goes against your basic DCV

(Dexterity + DCV levels) and will most likely hit.

Pretty close

I think I'd buy a "base" DEX and then purchase additional points of DEX the limitation suggested. The limitation isn't intended to make the target easier to damage or slower than normal, merely easier to hit.

However, now that I think about it, a vulnerability to attacks from those with EGO scores above a certain level seems appropriate...

Thanks!

Charlie