Game balance/ game design question

Pax

I would like to build a character somewhat similar to Spartan from Wild Cats. Now I have not followed the comic for a long time so this is completely my take and not a designer trying to replicate him in the most accurate manner. So here are my questions

I would like to build the base character as an AI. The AI would be 350 points

The AI would buy a Starship that is about 750 points and be a stock ship from the Vehicles book with two additions.

Addition one: a teleportation device that will have global range.

Addition two: A device that will create Automations (up to 4).

The Automations will be created using summoning with the slavishly devoted advantage and have no intelligence. I then want the computer to control the Automations.

Now there are all kinds of play balance issues that come up. And some rules issues two. I would like to use mind link to remote control the automations. Is that legit or do you guys have another way of accomplishing one computer controlling all the automations at the same time.

Here is how I plan on play balancing this.

1. Only one automation can participate in any battle the others are there for role-playing use only!

2. The Automations will have stun but will not be able to be con stunned.

3. The automations will have relatively low defense 10 PD/ED with 10rPD/10rEDand 50/% Damage reduction that does not affect body damage.

4. Any time an Automation is brought to -30 stun it will be destroyed. Any time an automation is brought to 0 body it is destroyed.

The reason I made it so easy to destroy them is that it is kind of hard to be killed in Champions. And how cool would a returning automation be if he never had to come back to life ;)

Any observations would be appreciated in both rules and game balance.

Peace

Bryan

I must be missing something.

Here is the way I see it. Feel free to electronically slap me if I have missed something

From my perspective Champions characters all but un-killable. In my 15 years of playing the game I have seen very few characters killed. So making a character all but un-killable does not seem too abusive. Heck in the new rules the power has be actually created.

Having multiples running around does not seem to abusive as long as one and only one show up for any fight!

More and more hero groups get around by teleportation so that is just keeping with current comics.

Now as a GM I can see one really bad thing with this concept. He is all but un-captureable (<--Not a real word). That said I have not seen many adventures based around capturing the heroes. But they are out there and this character could mess that up.

Please make the assumption that the guy is built at the same power level as the rest of the group. Please don’t think that I plan on summoning a 700 point automation to have the computer push around that would be silly!

Peace

Bryan