Little help with Healing Advantages / Disadvantages

Confusion

Our GM stated a modifier (advantage) for our game in terms of healing. Basically all healing spells are 2d6, you get an additional 2d6 if the target is of the same religious faith, and an additional 2d6 if you happen to be in love with the target. There is also a stated disadvantage that a healing spell can only work one time on each wound.

This was fine while our hardy knights were out adventuring and stopping by the local temple for healing. Now we have a healer and I have no idea how to stat this up. There is an additional campaign limitation, that spell active points cannot exceed 2x INT, in this case that would be 40 points. I can probably safely ignore that rule though, to implement these ones.

Re: Little help with Healing Advantages / Disadvantages

Buy it as partially limited power. Start out with 6d6 healing (or 3 linked 2d6 healing perhaps?). All have the basic modifiers for the spell/ability. One 2d6 would be limited by "only for members of same faith" and one 2d6 would be "Only if caster in love with target". The first would probably be a -1/4 limitation (or -1/2, depending on how popular the religion is), and the second would probably be a lot more, maybe -1.

Something like: 2d6 Healing, OAF holy symbol, gestures, incantations (-1 1/2 total); PLUS 2d6 healing, same lims (-1 1/2) as well as Only for members of same faith (-1/2 say), PLUS 2d6 Healing, same lims as first (-1 1/2) plus Only if caster loves target (-1).

Other possibilities includes using AID for Healing, with a trigger: if conditions met.

Just a few quick ideas on how to write it up.

It's gotta be 6d6 - three healings of 2d6 have the same maximum as one healing of 2d6 - they just get there faster.

So the power is 6d6 healing, 60 Active. Real cost is:

20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell +

(20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell and another (-1/2) "only works on targets of same religion" +

(20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell and another (-1/2) "only works on targets of same religion" and another (-2) "only works on targets you are in love with"

cheers, Mark

Being in Love with the Target has gotta be at least -1 1/2, and thats only if you're the adventurering parties MOM! I'd call it a -2, since most characters only have 1 or 2 people they 'love' outside their family, and the family is usually far away and/or doesn't really need a lot of healing magic.

AlHazred:

There are multiple type's of healing available within the campaign. However this particular player only has the one spell.

Frenchman:

We are playing essentially Pendragon. Valorous Knights, Damsels in Distress the whole bit.. so there are actually some advantages to being in love. As well as all the lovely things that can go wrong. :)

It's gotta be 6d6 - three healings of 2d6 have the same maximum as one healing of 2d6 - they just get there faster.

So the power is 6d6 healing, 60 Active. Real cost is:

(20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell and another (-1/2) "only works on targets of same religion" +

(20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell and another (-1/2) "only works on targets of same religion" and another (-2) "only works on targets you are in love with"

cheers, Mark

I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for the correction.

This won't work too well, as written. It should be:

(20 points divided by whatever limitations you have on the spell and another (-2) "only works on targets you are in love with"

Since love and religion are separate entitys.

I'll have to stat this up when I get home, because I need to squeek out every point that I possibly can for this character, magic is expensive. :(

The trick will be getting HeroDesigner to do it this way.