Character Creation WHOOPS!

CrosshairCollie

Re: Character Creation WHOOPS!

Re:Restrainable

Now, I do allow Restrainable on things like "Brick Tricks" depending on the power that is used to construct them. For example the NND "Thunderclap" EB.

Why?

Because I feel is more limited than a "Normal" EB. The character can't use it when Grabbed, Entangled, unable to move, etc. That they are really strong doesn't figure. Following that logic really strong/High DCV characters should get a lesser value for Accesible Focus since its less likely they'll be disarmed.

I concede that this is an area that should be looked at on a case by case basis.

But, just for the sake of argument ;)

what about a concept like Glue Gun Bunny?

A Punisher clone that relies on all kinds of weapons and devices bought as OAF,

who does have one inherent power Clinging 60 STR, 0 End, Persistent?

I mean he could be disarmed, it is just extremely difficult to do.

Even when he is unconscious.

Not an argument against you, nexus, just an argument in favor of a thorough case by case analysis. :)

KA.

I concede that this is an area that should be looked at on a case by case basis.

Not an argument against you, nexus, just an argument in favor of a thorough case by case analysis. :)

KA.

Not sure the power construction is 100 percent, but I see where you're going with it. Now, IMO, Glue Gun Bunny would still get his OAF limitation. Its hard to disarm him, yes. But in a Champions game people with 60 Strength (Or a powerful disarm Exert Manuver) aren't impossible to come by or even exceptionally rare in some games. His foci can still be targetted and destroyed in combat or by Area of Effect attacks, etc. Most characters would be exceptionally hard to disarm or restrain by the normal population. Glue Gun Bunny has paid extra points to harder to disarm than normal so I don't think that costs him his Focus limitation.

Edit: Actually, on second thought it seems like we're pretty much in agreement on this that its a case by case thing, but we just have a different view on the examples put so far.

KA.

Sure. That's not gonna help against an Entangle, after all. ;) There's also still Teleport Useable As Attack as a disarming technique ... Dispels defined as disassembling the gun ("At least you still have ahold of the handle ..."), lotsa stuff. :)