How to suppress a "natural" storm?

Trebuchet

In our campaign one of our PCs, Thunderbird, is the avatar of an Apache weather diety, and possesses a number of storm-based powers, including flight, lightning bolts, and the ability to create a small (1 km radius) thunderstorm which adversely affects movement and perception rolls, which is bought as a Change Environment.

A logical corallary to these abilities would be the ability to calm or lessen small natural storms and winds not created by the use of powers; i.e.; storms created by nature. Any suggestions on how to go about building this power? Suppress is an obvious method, but I'm not certain it works on abilities not based on Powers.

Suggestions for a better method would be appreciated.

Re: How to suppress a "natural" storm?

A logical corallary to these abilities would be the ability to calm or lessen small natural storms and winds not created by the use of powers; i.e.; storms created by nature. Any suggestions on how to go about building this power? Suppress is an obvious method' date=' but I'm not certain it works on abilities not based on Powers.[/quote']I'm going out on a limb here, 'cause I'm not near my books, but isn't that just another instance of Change Environment?

I'm going out on a limb here' date=' 'cause I'm not near my books, but isn't that just another instance of Change Environment?[/quote']

Yeppers. There is no functional difference between turning a bright sunny day to stormy and turning a stormy day bright and sunny. Consider it the same way you would consider a temp change for CE +1 means make it a little sunnier, warmer etc, -1 means you can make it a little colder, cloudy etc.

For that matter' date=' wouldn't large scale weather effects, whether naturally occuring or not, be most likely a CE??[/quote']

Yep. That appears to also be what Treb is using.

Since the genre and fiction are in agreement that weather control is VERY, VERY difficult I made my weather warlock take x5 END, Extra Time, 0 DCV Concentrate etc. CE is pretty cheap to begin with but loading it down with the appropriate limitations makes it darned near free.

Yep. That appears to also be what Treb is using.

Since the genre and fiction are in agreement that weather control is VERY, VERY difficult I made my weather warlock take x5 END, Extra Time, 0 DCV Concentrate etc. CE is pretty cheap to begin with but loading it down with the appropriate limitations makes it darned near free.

Or, conversely, allows you to stick a bunch of levels of Megascale on it.