Density Increase and Physical Limitations

Kaladur

It's more a campaign specific issue than an official ruling. With Density Increase (DI) you automatically get the increase in weight and thus there are resulting game effects. It is up to your GM to rule when this effects the world around you and in what way. As to wether or not you can take extra limitations, like Physical lim.s, to my knowledge there isn't anything saying you can't but it is up to your GM.

DocMan

See, I'd be more tempted to ask the question: Can you buy enough Density Increase to have your own gravity field?

And how do you buy that power?

And how many teammates would Kid Neutron have?

Doc

Technically speaking, all matter has a gravity field.

I would like to know if a Champion Hero has high levels of DI should you have Physical Limitation on the character ***slower*** or movement limitations ..etc. Or none at all?...

To elaborate on what Redmenace said, your GM will probably have certain rulings to make on the issue. In the past when I played DI characters, GMs rarely ever made any issue of it, even though they should have. A character with more than a couple of levels of DI would sink into any loose soil like it was quicksand, and would even leave permanent impressions in a black-top road. They would also cause damage to most wood floors. Some GMs may call you on that.

Now, if you want to take on a few extra points by selling back your running, or take on other physical limitations to represent your massive density, then your GM should probably allow it.

Also keep in mind that, according to 5th Ed., permanent levels of DI should be purchased as both powers (particularly stat boosts) and physical limitations (particularly, "High Density, cannot walk on wood floors, etc.") rather than levels of DI bought as always on, persistent, and 0 END.

Re: Density Increase and Physical Limitations

Originally posted by Kaladur

I would like to know if a Champion Hero has high levels of DI should you have Physical Limitation on the character ***slower*** or movement limitations ..etc. Or none at all?

It is generally not considered a Physical Limitation because the Density Increase can be controlled by the player. If the player knows he is on a weak floor, he need not turn it on, unlike the Blob who has no choice. Because you can turn it on and off, it is not really limiting.

As far as movement goes. Density Increase increases the character's STR in proportion to their density. Thus each level of DI makes you twice as heavy and twice as strong. So the two balance each other out. Because you are not heavy in proportion to your new STR you can still run just as fast, ect. If you want to limit the character in the fashion, then buy your Density Incease with a Side Effect (-1" running per 2 levels of DI, always occurs). That should do what you want, and save you some points. :)