Brick Help

Corven_Ren

Ok here's the poop. I am trying to convert an old brick of mine to 5thED...I just recently learned of all of the Brick tricks in the Ultimate Brick via my GM who owns the book. I unfortunatly do not. I was wondering if anyone has a brick character with a brick trick mp they could post so I can see how it is built.

Re: Brick Help

I'm sure there are some writeups in some of the character threads that use such things.

The basic idea is to use "super strength/super tough" as the SFX for various powers. Things like "convenient thrown object" EB, AE Cone "Thunderclap", Extra defenses "Take it like a man!" etc. Look through the book, see if there's powers you could rationalize getting through being incredibly tough and strong. Alternately, read some Superman/Hulk/Thing etc comics and think of how to write up what they do.

Re: Brick HelpAll the powers are grouped by SFX of the character having lots of strength. There was another thread about just this thing...but I can't for the life of me remember enough about it to do a successful search. This was based off a 60 STR Brick...I didn't actually create the character just the MP:

Cost Power END
50 Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Requires A Brick Tricks Skill Roll (-1/2)
2u 1) ThunderClap: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Does Knockback (+1/4), AOE (up to 13" Cone; +1) for up to 60 Active Points of STR (75 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2) (Real Cost: 30) 28
1u 2) BMW Bash: Naked Modifier: AOE (up to One Hex; +1/2) for up to 60 Active Points (30 Active Points); OAF (Weapon of Opportunity; -1) 3
1u 3) Telephone Pole Smack: Stretching 2" (10 Active Points); OAF (Weapon of Opportunity; -1), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) 1
2u 4) Coal to Diamonds: Major Transform 4d6 (Coal into Diamonds) (60 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) 24
1u 5) Roll with the Punches: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power Must be aware of attack (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 3
2u 6) Punch Through Walls: Tunneling 2" through 12 DEF material (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), No Noncombat movement (-1/4) 8
2u 7) Impressive, Aren't We?: +45 PRE (45 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Requires Appropriately Impressive Feat (Tearing Up Trees, etc); -1/2), Limited Power Offensive Only (-1/4)
1u 8) Grab a Handful of Skyscraper: Clinging (85 STR) (18 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Power Requires a solid object to hold on to (-1/4) 0
2u 9) Puny Humans, Your Guns Can't Hurt Me: Desolidification (affected by Any attack over 50 AP) (40 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 8
2u 10) Wrap Em Up In Scenery: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); OAF (Material of Opportunity; -1) 6
Powers Cost: 66