Rapid Fire reality check

Zeropoint

Re: Rapid Fire reality check

I'm decent with a pistol, better than most people I see at the range. Slow fire, I can put 10 rounds of .45 in an inch and a half at 20 ft, an inch on a good day. Doing double taps my group opens to about 4 inches. Under combat conditions, group size usually doubles.

Now, picture a T shape on someone's face, lines being about 2 inches wide, the top of the T going across the eyes, the vertical part going down the nose, mouth, chin, etc. According to the self defense class I took, to be sure of stopping someone with a pistol bullet to the head, you have to hit them in that T. Below the T area you are in the area of sinus', painful but not necessarily fatal. Above the T there is supposedly a good chance of the bullet being deflected to a large extent and preventing the kill shot.

Now try this simple drill. Have a friend stand about 20 feet away and do a bit of head bobbing he is getting into the music. I'm not talking major, maybe a couple inches to either side. Point your finger at him and try to keep it in the T area. You may be suprised at how hard it is to keep on target.

Slow fire, my group would be 3 inches, my double taps 8 ". On a target that is moving even a bit, no way am I going to chance a head shot with any expectation of hitting consistently.

Of course to be fair this has nothing to do with HERO as HERO simulates heroic fiction.