Is Fantasy Hero appropriate for...

CK|XT

Hi all,

Thought I'd ask here of those who know the system best. I've played Champs before (its been a few years now, haven't touched it in about 6 or 7 years) and am currently putting together a fantasy campaign.

Its cinematic, the magic framework I have in mind is inspired by Shadowrun (hermetic, spiritual, with elements and spirits), and I'd like to be able to plug in elements of Exalted (stunts, charms).

The big question:

Can Fantasy Hero fit the bill?

Re: Is Fantasy Hero appropriate for...

Thanks very muchly for the Shadowrun magic conversion? The next obvious one is... has anyone done any groundwork for Exalted conversions?

:D

Yeah, I know, but I'd hate to re-do work that someone else has already done :)

Hi all,

Thought I'd ask here of those who know the system best. I've played Champs before (its been a few years now, haven't touched it in about 6 or 7 years) and am currently putting together a fantasy campaign.

Its cinematic, the magic framework I have in mind is inspired by Shadowrun (hermetic, spiritual, with elements and spirits), and I'd like to be able to plug in elements of Exalted (stunts, charms).

The big question:

Can Fantasy Hero fit the bill?

Is the campaign actually Fantasy or is it more ShadowRunny? If its the latter I would say that FH and Dark Champions in combination would work very nicely.

Its more fantasy; the Shadowrunny element I liked for several reasons:

The 'spontaneity' - being able to fire off a spell, adjust the power level, push the power level, tack on options

Drain to punish spell failure

No 'spell memorization' (a la AD&D)

Built in summoning with:

- magic assist from elements

- interaction with spirits

A lot of it I think fits into a fantasy milieu.