Power Construction Help

Bengal

Re: Power Construction Help

A character has the ability to shout' date=' "Stop! Time!" and stop all clocks in the viscinity- timers, whatever... but not actual time. How to construct?[/quote']

Either a small Suppress vs TimeKeeping Devices

or

Change Environment - Stop TimeKeeping Devices

or

A little bitty TK - Stop Mechanical TimeKeeping Devices from Functioning

All in all the first two are the best constructs and I would probably go with Change Environment since it's such a little effect and as a GM I wouldn't want to figure out how much body a Grandfather clock has as opposed to a stopwatch.

Yeah. You are going to use it so little I would be hesitant to sink too many points into it. It's more schtick than anything. What other powers does the character have? This is something I could actually see being a PowerTrick instead of an actual power.

Course, if you are going to do it often, you should pay points for it. Yeah. I would go with a CE. It's simple, not unbalancing to stretch the definition at all.

Guest bblackmoor

I would go with a CE. It's simple' date=' not unbalancing to stretch the definition at all.[/quote']

I agree with that. It's not what I would have thought of (I probably would have thought of using Telekinesis), but Change Environment is better.

1d6 Area Effect Dispel vs 'Absolute Time Sense', Area Effect (other appropriate disads like only vs. mechanical/electronic timepieces), STandard Effect (3pts).

Absolute Time Sense is how chronometers seem to be built in HERO, so a Dispel against that would stop the clock. (Suppress if he must concentrate/maintain the clock stoppage.)

My two cents, anyway. :)