Dealing with Magnetism

Hawksmoor

I have a new PC coming online shortly and I wanted to know if this power was legal. It is unusual but I wanted to know if it was *legal* and how would you adjudicate its use if it was legal to you. It is a variation on entangle.

Metahuman Electromagnet-

Clinging 60 STR Usable against others usable at range uncontrolled

SFX I magnetize you to the ground the wall or nearby metal object.

Hawksmoor

Re: Dealing with Magnetism

No.

Well, no if your intent is to immobilise the target.

Looking at the Hero meta-rules (in Fred) you'd need to buy that with entangle or TK. You can't do it with clinging: when someone has clinging they can still move just fine- it isn't like flight useable as an attack - that gives you control over the movement, clinging doesn't give you control over movement.

You know you guys are right. For somereason I had my head screwed up and though that Clinging was a movement power. It is not, it just allows you to use running in unusual places, and if the GM lets the Powerskill do it's work grab people better (ala Spiderman).

I'll remove the power from his VPP and replace it with a version that is Usable by others at range.

Hawksmoor

How about:

Entangle 6d6, 12 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (135 Active Points); Entangle Has 1 BODY (-1/2), Limited Power (Target must be close to a metal surface; -1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4). Total cost: 69 Points.

Oddly, I had never thought of buying my BOD down as far as possuble when taking "0 BOD" as a limitation. Another reason the present limits on DEF/BOD should be eliminated.

On the topic of the thread, however, you might also applky Continuous and Uncontrolled if they can be re-magnetized. I like TK better for this function, but it also needs to be continuous and uncontrolled. [i don't like the idea this can be targeted with DCV 8 either).