question for a spell

steph

for my fantasy game we use the spells list of rolemaster....and they have a sorcerer spell who give me problem.....a kind of illusion of pain the target believe he is wounded and suffer terrible pain and don t act at is next phase how to build this

excuse my english again

steph the french canadian

Re: question for a spell

That's a tough effect I've seen questioned before. Ideally, the spell would Stun the victim without doing any actual damage. Some possibilities:

(a) An NND (or EGO) attack Limited to do damage only for the purposes of Stunning the target.

(B) A Stun Suppress that's Instantaneous (the Stun is suppressed for only an instant, and if the suppressed Stun exceeds the target's CON, he's stunned)

© Mind Control (possibly Based on Con) only to command the target to skip his next phase

(d) A Presence bonus, only for PRE attacks, with the effects of the PRE attack limited to "Target hesitates and misses next phase". That would require +20 effect.